Pcsx2 Running slow on Windows 8?
I don't know why. It starts off at 90-110fps then at the loading screen it just drops all the way down into the 40-50 then 20 then 10.

Sponsored links

give us your system specs and what game you trying to play........
How exactly would I give my system specs?
Game : Def Jam Fight for NY .
its listed in the log window of pcsx2. and gpu listed in gsdx settings... you can also start by reading the stickies
AMD E1-1200 APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics
1.396 ghz (2 logical threads) All i could find what you gave me wise..
Yeah, that cpu is too weak for that game.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(04-17-2014, 01:12 AM)Nobbs66 Wrote: Yeah, that cpu is too weak for that game.

Okay thanks Unsure
(04-17-2014, 01:16 AM)YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEET Wrote: Okay thanks Unsure
Upgrade your CPU for some 4core Intel,and maybe 1-2GB of RAM...
Next time let's refrain making suggestions not granted to be possible ever.

Yet is true that that machine is weak for emulating PS2 games and like PC games some are more demanding than another.

Assuming it's a laptop there is not much do do other than trying changing the Power plan to "performance" under the Windows control panel. and abusing speed hacks, which may increase the speed but cause some other kind of glitch.

Is not uncommon the game playing faster in some situations where the emulation is lighter, like in loading screen before the game actually kicking in.

Now, for the game being so fast in the beginning, that's due you pressed F4 at some point which disabled the frame limiter. pressing it again will restore the correct FPS... sadly this can't help low FPS case.
Imagination is where we are truly real
same for me, here are my specs

Processor: Intel® Core™ i5-3210M

CPU: 2.5 GHz

Memory: 4 GB

Graphics: AMD Radeon 7510M

I am using ISO and i'm trying to play the original 3 heroes, Sly, Ratchet and Clank and Jak and Daxter