Pcsx2 compatibility
Hi, i'm new here on these forums, well I had been browsing for quite some time as a guest. But anyways, I just bought an acer laptop with an i7-4720hq @ 2.6 ghz. Its got an nvidia geforce gtx 960m, and 2gb of dedicated video memory, and its Windows 10 64bit. For now i'm trying to play games like Yu Yu Hakusho Forever, Naruto shippuden ultimate ninja 5, and Kingdom Hearts. How well should the laptop be expected to run?

Sponsored links

They should all run very well on your laptop.
It should run okay on that, just make sure you use the MTVU speedhack to give you some extra grunt Smile Ultimately it may not run at full speed as the clockspeed might hold you back, but that is the nature of laptops unfortunately.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Thank you for the extremely fast response!! And yeah I know laptops are mostly inferior to desktop computers,but a laptop is really all I have room for.
What then should be the expected framerate? And would native resolution keep them at a decent speed?
(09-25-2016, 09:44 PM)Dlwill80 Wrote: What then should be the expected framerate? And would native resolution keep them at a decent speed?

2-3x should be fine for full speed
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Thank you Nobbs, would it be possible for me to reach 60fps?
(09-26-2016, 01:41 AM)Dlwill80 Wrote: Thank you Nobbs, would it be possible for me to reach 60fps?

Yeah, it should be.
Thank you for the responses guys, i feel so much happier with the computer!! I cant wait to get it tomorrow, its my first time trying emulation for real, the last time I tried it, things went horribly wrong.
(09-26-2016, 02:30 AM)Dlwill80 Wrote: Thank you for the responses guys, i feel so much happier with the computer!! I cant wait to get it tomorrow, its my first time trying emulation for real, the last time I tried it, things went horribly wrong.

You got a pretty good laptop The CPU isn't as fast as the higher end desktop chips, but it'll hold its own with emulation