Pcsx2 crashes every so often
(12-21-2008, 10:51 PM)FireFlower Wrote: Okay I'm not very familiar with E4600, but I try help heh ^^
]NOTE OVERCLOCKING YOUR HARDWARE MAY CAUSE SMALLFUNTION PROBLEMS AND IN THE WORST CASE YOUR CPU MAY GET BROKEN! ALSO YOUR WARRANTY IS VOID IF YOU OVERCLOCK YOUR HARDWARE!

If its an intel chip some warranty's are not void, check the warranty agreement that is inside the box which comes with the CPU.

Sponsored links

Weird so why does it only pcsx2 crash but I play other games like Gta 4 and crysis but it does not crash. Pcsx2 must demand a whole lot of cpu then.

So how come overclocking only causes problems with pcsx2?
Probably bad configuration if PCSX2 crashes. It happens to me a lot too Wink
[Image: FireFlower.jpg]
[Image: 463094.png]
(12-22-2008, 12:56 AM)TehAcE Wrote: Weird so why does it only pcsx2 crash but I play other games like Gta 4 and crysis but it does not crash. Pcsx2 must demand a whole lot of cpu then.

So how come overclocking only causes problems with pcsx2?

It's because no other game stresses your CPU that much.Games like Crysis are bound by the speed of your GPU,so your CPU is not getting stressed out a lot by it.Try Prime95 that I linked above and you'll see it will crash your system as well Wink
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-21-2008, 11:40 PM)azure6610 Wrote:
(12-21-2008, 10:51 PM)FireFlower Wrote: Okay I'm not very familiar with E4600, but I try help heh ^^
]NOTE OVERCLOCKING YOUR HARDWARE MAY CAUSE SMALLFUNTION PROBLEMS AND IN THE WORST CASE YOUR CPU MAY GET BROKEN! ALSO YOUR WARRANTY IS VOID IF YOU OVERCLOCK YOUR HARDWARE!

If its an intel chip some warranty's are not void, check the warranty agreement that is inside the box which comes with the CPU.

Well here if you overclock your cpu its automatically warranty voided because shops who sell these things cannot just give one for everyone you break by overclocking. Its another story if it happens when you're going back to normal clocks. Well its not likely hardware resellers can detect you have overclocked but its business and between reseller and customer is a trust you won't do something that voids warranty.
This torture test thing takes so long Tongue

So by judging from my computer how long should I set it for?

EDITOhmyk so! I just ran the prime thing for about 40 minutes and it detected no errors or anything I didn't want to wait so long so you know.... Also I remember I did a cpu benchmark test on my computer a long time ago and it was pretty alright. My brothers' computer is much much better than mines and his computer crashed on his cpu benchmark test.
It is supposed to take long because this measures is your overclock settings stable. I just said use 1-2 hours to check tempatures of your cpu cores with "CoreTemp" program.
(12-22-2008, 01:00 AM)FireFlower Wrote: Well here if you overclock your cpu its automatically warranty voided because shops who sell these things cannot just give one for everyone you break by overclocking. Its another story if it happens when you're going back to normal clocks. Well its not likely hardware resellers can detect you have overclocked but its business and between reseller and customer is a trust you won't do something that voids warranty.

You have to register for warranty when you buy the chip, but being silly (overclocking to stupid amounts) isnt accepted. However, the new(ish) "extreme" editions have a software, that allows overclocking in windows (without a restart) and intell promise that nothing can go wrong with it, if it detects faults, it goes back to the default, or best known configuration of clock settings.
Piracy and Being a vegetarian that eats Quorn are alike.

Your in denial, and want the real thing, not matter what you think.

CPU:E8500 MB:Asus P5Q-E RAM: 3Gigs of Corsair domination 5-5-5-15 GfxCard:ATI Radion HD 4870 OC'd @775Mhz GPU, 1000Mhz GDDR5 Ram
Well if you mean something like QX9770 "Extreme" nobody is buying them because they cost 1000 USD Wink except world-championship overclockers...
(12-22-2008, 04:58 AM)TehAcE Wrote: This torture test thing takes so long Tongue

So by judging from my computer how long should I set it for?

EDITOhmyk so! I just ran the prime thing for about 40 minutes and it detected no errors or anything I didn't want to wait so long so you know.... Also I remember I did a cpu benchmark test on my computer a long time ago and it was pretty alright. My brothers' computer is much much better than mines and his computer crashed on his cpu benchmark test.

Torture test never ends,you tell it when to stop Tongue But more importantly,are you running two instances of Prime95? Because the old versions to use both of your cores need you to do that.
If when you run Prime95 and open task manager,your CPU usage is NOT 100%,try this one,this should do it for sure:
http://files.extremeoverclocking.com/file.php?f=103
[Image: newsig.jpg]