Pcsx2 crashes every so often
Well, I like especially the Orthos torture test which stresses both cores too:
http://www.overclock.net/downloads/138142-orthos.html

Sponsored links

I ran only one of them and I checked the Task Manager it says its using 100% besides I can't run 2 at a time if I try to open it again it switches to the one already open.

Also how much ram should I put while testing?

I'll check back after I finish it. I'am leaving it on for 3 hours.
Oh you should select the Small FFTs test,no ram tested there...
If you get 100% cpu usage its good then,although Orthos that bigmehdi mentioned is mostly even more stressing.
Do note that even if your PC is stable with prime / orthos ,PCSX2 crashing should STILL be caused by your overclock.Only way to find out for sure is return to stock settings and test it
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Yeh im having the same issue as above where the game freezes when you load the game, Closedeyes

funny thing it'll load fine when you use the Virtual Memory version of PCSX2. Laugh

I havent got any of my hardware overclocked everything is running off stock.

System Spec is
Processor :- Intel Core 2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
Graphics :- ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Sound :- Creative SB X-Fi
RAM :- 4GB DDR2-SDRAM

I've tried both the latest svn of Pcsx2 and the playground release

Pcsx2 Playground_TLB
Graphics: GSdx (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3) 0.1.12
Sound:ZeroSPU2 Playground 1.9.0

I tried that stress tool that you posted and left it overnight and it didnt find any errors. Smile

So yeh TehAcE try the VM version loaded perfect for me with FFXII,
the other one the TLB version is still crashing on me Sad
TLB version crashing with FFXII is a known issue.VM build is faster anyway,so you don't have anything to worry about actually
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(12-27-2008, 03:20 AM)Bositman Wrote: TLB version crashing with FFXII is a known issue.VM build is faster anyway,so you don't have anything to worry about actually

Oh right,Blush
no problem well continue using the VM build then for now,
thanks for the reply. Cool
I seem to have this same issue. Just reading over the other posts here a bit I can say my computer is stock (not overclocked) so that isn't my problem. Every so often the emu will suddenly stop working and have to close. It doesn't happen a lot although it has happened a couple times to be noticable. I'll have to try one of these stress tests on my PC...
Pfff I can't even use VM mode. It says SE_Memory_Lock, people said if I run as admin it would work but everytime I would try to run as admin my computer says "bad login or could not log on". It doesn't have a password so I leave it blank. But when I tried putting a password on it. It would still say "could not log in."

Whats up with that???
strange it was saying SE_Memory_Lock to me at one point but doesnt do it any more, hasnt said it since i removed most of my startup objects in msconfig