Pcsx2 don't want to work
Hi, (sorry for my bad english, i'm french)

First, gratz to your work about Pcsx2 on mac, thanks you. So i download the pcsx2 0.9.6 applications, i installed it, the CG framework is OK, everything is OK. But now, when i double-click on pcsx2.app in my applications folder, there is... nothing. No reaction, nothing is open, its just don't work TT.

If you can help me, i'm going to be very happy \o/

Sponsored links

Did you download X11 and run it?
Duude.
You are not supposed to open it normally.
First make sure you have downloaded the following:
XQuartz
The non-Snow Leopard-version of PCSX2 since I have yet to meet a person whom actually gets it to work properly
And also the NVidia GC Frameworks

Then when all is downloaded and installed, you search for an application named X11, open it.
You need to enable root user, here is a guide for that.
then type the following:
cd /Applications/pcsx2.app/contents/macos/ (press enter)
sudo tcsh (you will be asked to provide a password, provide the password for your root user)
./pcsx2 (this will after all your work, open ut the ever glorious PCSX2 MAC!!!!!!)

Dont hesitate to ask if you need any more than that, and if necessary, I can provide a screenshot guide :-)

- Kaze
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
Actually, it's supposed to work when opened normally, my current guess it's messed up for case-sensitive fs
It is? WOW
Even when you open it the first time?
Thank you a lot guy, you just saved me. You're the best, gratz a lot, its working fine now, thank you :')
My pleasure.
Have fun playing :-))
Well, yeah, that's what the .app is for? It includes a bash script which essentially just executes the same command. On case-sensitive fs it can't find the X11 utils, I think, so the script doesn't run
(03-09-2011, 11:13 AM)zedr0n Wrote: Well, yeah, that's what the .app is for? It includes a bash script which essentially just executes the same command. On case-sensitive fs it can't find the X11 utils, I think, so the script doesn't run

Oh, thats cool. I always wondered what the script file was for.
(03-07-2011, 11:41 AM)Kaze Wrote: Duude.
You are not supposed to open it normally.
First make sure you have downloaded the following:
XQuartz
The non-Snow Leopard-version of PCSX2 since I have yet to meet a person whom actually gets it to work properly
And also the NVidia GC Frameworks

Then when all is downloaded and installed, you search for an application named X11, open it.
You need to enable root user, here is a guide for that.
then type the following:
cd /Applications/pcsx2.app/contents/macos/ (press enter)
sudo tcsh (you will be asked to provide a password, provide the password for your root user)
./pcsx2 (this will after all your work, open ut the ever glorious PCSX2 MAC!!!!!!)

Dont hesitate to ask if you need any more than that, and if necessary, I can provide a screenshot guide :-)

- Kaze

Idk if i have the same problem, my pcsx2 opens and automatically shuts down.

I opened x11 and put the code in but when it got to my password it wouldn't let me type anything. save me!! ha