"Pcsx2.exe has stopped working"
Question 
Hello, I have a bit of a problem. Every time I try to run a file the pcsx2.exe program stops working. I have a Dell with Windows Vista Model: Studio 1537; Intel Core 2 Duo Cpu T6400 @ 2.00 GHz, with 4.00 GB ram and a 64-bit operating system.
MY Configuration is VIDEO: ZeroGS KOSMOS (noSSE2) 0.97.0.
SOUND: GiGaHeRz SPU2 Driver (Alpha R) 0.13.0
Cdvdrom: P.E.Op.S CDVD (CDDA mod) 1.3.0
Dev9: DEV9null Driver 0.3.0,
USB: USBnull Driver 0.5.0, and Firewire FWnull Driver 0.4.0.
My bios is USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console (if i can add this). Some additional information would that every once in a while when i open up the configuration it tells me DPPTools.dll could not be found. and when my Pcsxw stops working my logs tells me rom2 not found; erom not found; GIF reset NTsc umhack. The only game i've tryed to play so far is kingdom hearts 2 and it's an .iso file.
If anybody can help or if more information is required plz contact me

Sponsored links

First,use ZeroSPU2 and GSdx (get it from here: http://www.pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=plgn ).
Also,configure the emulator properly using the guide:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(01-27-2009, 12:46 AM)Bositman Wrote: First,use ZeroSPU2 and GSdx (get it from here: http://www.pcsx2.net/downloads.php?p=plgn ).
Also,configure the emulator properly using the guide:
http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-2298.html
hey, thanks for the help, but unfortunately it's still not working. Unless i'm mistaken I followed the instructions exactly so I'm gonna have to figure something else out. Thanks again
Hm provide some additional info then,like PCSX2 settings (in cpu config).Since you are using an iso file you must use the Linuzappz iso plugin instead of the PeopS one which is made for running off a disc
(01-27-2009, 11:27 AM)Bositman Wrote: Hm provide some additional info then,like PCSX2 settings (in cpu config).Since you are using an iso file you must use the Linuzappz iso plugin instead of the PeopS one which is made for running off a disc
Hey thanks again for helping me out, i tried switching to the linuzappz cdrom config but so far no luck, i'll keep messing around with that though. Btw my cpu settings have everything checked except limited is selected in the bottom section. It could just be a problem with this new computer. The first time i tried to use my ePsx emulator i got the same message but it wasn't even close to configured right. So, thanks again I always appreciate the help.
What about your grapich card?, seems you have onboard grapich (i dont see that in your rigs). Perhaps that is your trouble.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
I'm having the exact same issue and thought it'd be better to bump this thread rather than make another when this is on page 2 Tongue, to repeat what's been said either way...

Quote:Every time I try to run a file the pcsx2.exe program stops working.
I have a Dell with Windows Vista Model: Studio 1537; Intel Core 2 Duo Cpu T6400 @ 2.00 GHz, with 4.00 GB ram and a 64-bit operating system.

MY Configuration is;
VIDEO: ZeroGS KOSMOS (noSSE2) 0.97.0.
SOUND: GiGaHeRz SPU2 Driver (Alpha R) 0.13.0
Cdvdrom: P.E.Op.S CDVD (CDDA mod) 1.3.0
Dev9: DEV9null Driver 0.3.0,
USB: USBnull Driver 0.5.0, and Firewire FWnull Driver 0.4.0.

My bios is USA v01.60(07/02/2002) Console (if i can add this).

Some additional information would that every once in a while when i open up the configuration it tells me DPPTools.dll could not be found. and when my Pcsxw stops working my logs tells me rom2 not found; erom not found; GIF reset NTsc umhack. The only game i've tryed to play so far is kingdom hearts 2 and it's an .iso file.
If anybody can help or if more information is required plz contact me

The only differences between his and my problem are that I'm attempting to run an .iso of ffx (I can just use the disk if it'll make things easier but would prefer to use the .iso file), I'm using the pcsx2t.exe version rather than pcsx2.exe, I'm using a European bios.

My Processor and Graphics cards are also an AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 5600+ and ATI Radeon X 1300 Pro respectively.

I've tried various Config settings with no luck, should I post what I have now or..?
Ok this seems to be related to that DPPTools.dll error.Do you also have that strange version of Vista? Have you tried googling that dll?
(02-02-2009, 06:22 PM)Bositman Wrote: Ok this seems to be related to that DPPTools.dll error.Do you also have that strange version of Vista? Have you tried googling that dll?

Oh! I stand corrected! Mine actually comes up with a messege saying it's missing NPPTools.dll. I think this is a error on the last guys part as I searched for a DPPTools on Dll Library with no luck, but NPPTools returned this (as much help as that is..).

As for Vista? All versions are strange Tongue

I'm running Home Premium.

EDIT: Little more digging, NPPTools is a .dll file used in Networking, I'm assuming it was on Xp but wasn't carried over onto Vista. ( Source)
Well put it in the folder your pcsx2 exe is,that should do it Tongue