Pcsx2 for android
(03-28-2016, 07:44 PM)Akio Wrote: How does it have anything to do with the plugin architecture?

You need to port the plugin management stuffs (based on plugin versions) and the plugin API's which are used for Core->Plugin interactions. Also the non-cross platform specific codes which are used on plugins (Windows, Linux) might make managing the android related codes a bit tough on a single repository.

It'd be better to just ditch the plugin system if anyone is intending on making an android version.

Sponsored links

I disagree with you. It is much easier to work with plugin rather than the full program. Plugins are only dynamic shared object. You just need an elf loader. Worst case, you could just statically build the final binary. It could be a nice addition with some ugly ifdef.
I don't see how it would be difficult. That is one of the easiest things to port. Plug-ins are just modules that have a bit of specific code that makes them able to contribute to the main application. As you said, you can also choose not to use the plug-in architecture for the Android port. It shouldn't be a problem.
Dolphin Emulator is already running well on high end Android phones and decently on mid range devices. Even 2016 top devices run Wii games pretty well and Wii is quite considerably more powerful than PS2. Many of the high end Wii games run almost perfectly at up to 60 FPS. Dolphin on Android is still very young and it's doing so well already. So can PS2 games be emulated on powerful Android devices? Absolutely, but it needs a team and time to get it running.
Then prove it by doing it yourself
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
Well since you seem to be such an expert on the matter please feel free to help us out: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(06-09-2017, 12:56 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Well since you seem to be such an expert on the matter please feel free to help us out: https://github.com/PCSX2/pcsx2

I never claimed to be an expert, I just refuted the claims on this thread that Android is not powerful yet to emulate PS2. This is quite clear since there are high end GameCube and Wii games being emulated at 30-60 FPS. So it's clear that Android devices are powerful enough and by the time PS2 emulation can at decent level, Android devices will be even more powerful.
So you believe you 'refuted' the claims on this thread (by people who ARE experts, unlike you) by comparing 2 completely different console architectures, and deducing the one is much easier to emulate on android than the other with no proof or facts/citation whatsoever.
Yep, sounds legit.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
^
Also, in the last 3 pages of /r/emulation I've only seen GC games running under dolphin's android port. Many of those games on't even hit near full speed on a snapdragon 820. PS2 games will run like ***** on a phone for the foreseeable future
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(06-09-2017, 01:06 AM)Bositman Wrote: So you believe you 'refuted' the claims on this thread (by people who ARE experts, unlike you) by comparing 2 completely different console architectures, and deducing the one is much easier to emulate on android than the other with no proof or facts/citation whatsoever.
Yep, sounds legit.

No need to be sarcastic. Absolutely it's possible, there are already a couple of PS2 games running well with Play Emulator, but that project doesn't seem to well supported. There just need to be a proper project to do this, until then one cannot say that it's not possible or Android is weak etc., since most of the factors point to Android being able enough.