Pcsx2 freeze for a couple of secs?
If you have some pendrive or external hdd, maybe try running pcsx2(moving the iso there too) from there? If you create a file called "portable.ini" inside pcsx2 directory and run it from pendrive it shouldn't use anything of hdd, and you could confirm if it's really that or something else.
I kind of have doubts;P, pcsx2 nor dolphin abuse hdd soo much for you to have problems only while using them, they do abuse most of the other stuff much more than any pc game through soo maybe it have some serious problems hidden within and simply anything other than those emulators is too light to show it.

Sponsored links

I'll try your suggestion miseru. Thing is when I bought the laptop It had two partitions C the main and D for data. I deleted the partition D and extended the volume of C but I doubt it resulted in any problems to the HDD
Okay quick update when I run it at native no freezes whatsoever so that means it's not my hard drive right? I dont want to send this laptop back lol no more of it is instock to get a replacement >_>
If decreasing internal res fixed freezes then something hell wrong with your gpu or the optimus "technology" that swaps the two;P. Normal behaviour with too high internal res should simply be the usual lag, unless that's normal with optimus, as an ignorant I have no clue how exactly it works.
What's the model of your laptop??
Have you tried googling for issues related to your laptop?
Sounds to me like it's one of 'em series issues.........
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86
Then it's something to do with the graphics card yeah. Try using the latest optimus drivers or somehow forcing through the nvidia control panel to always use the dedicated graphics card with pcsx2.exe
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Can you link me to the newest optimus drivers? I updated the 540M to the lateste version 285.68 I believe I'll try the latest beta version. @Speedy42 I searched the 540M and I notice some people have the same issue such as a 1 or 2 sec freeze while playing a pc game or something I believe it has something to do with the optimus tech many people with the optimus have low framerates, high temps or many other problems. Hopefully nvidia releases a working update Sad If the new beta update doesn't fix it I'll just have to live with the freeze.
I thought so. Smile
But anyways all you can do now is wait for nvidia to release a fix or an update that will resolve this issue....

EDIT:My guess would be that the issue will get fixed in an official update release not in a beta.
Intel E5700 @3.0Ghz,
Xfx Radeon 5670 1Gb,
4Gb DDR3 Ram,
Microsoft Windows7 Ultimate x86
Okay update it seems that my HDD(western digital) has some feature called intellipark which causes the lag. I researched and found a software called quiethdd which i use to disable this power saving feature of the hdd and it eliminates the stutter/freeze issue. I've read ppl are using this app and it works fine for them but do you guys think it's safe as in it wont cause my laptop to overeat etc
Makes sense that it was a faulty feature in your HDD, glad you finally pinpointed it. There is no reason to assume your laptops temperatures will change at all, however if your apprehensive download a temp monitor such as realtemp, hwmonitor, speedfan, or my personal favorite Aida64 (Everest64). You want to be at about 45-55c while idling, 55-60c watching videos on youtube, and ideally 60-75c while playing Pcsx2. Use a program like Wprime 1024 to stress test your cpu and see what the temps reach, as long as they are sub 80 your fine. If however they are 85+ you may need to clean out your laptop/heatsink, and possibly reapply thermal paste. Cooling pads can help a bit as well, but you probably don't need one, just make sure not to stifle your laptops airflow with blankets/pillows and you should be alright.