Pcsx2 hardware
(02-16-2018, 10:12 PM)FlatOut Wrote: PCSX2 doesn't run great with AMD CPU's. The Ryzen 5s aren't bad, but AMD CPU's have weaker cores than Intel CPU's. Even when a Intel CPU and AMD CPU have about the same single thread performance, number of cores and threads, the AMD CPUs are often noticeably slower. If the Ryzen 5 you can pick up cheap is one of the better ones in the range, you should probably be okay though.

Did you see the CPU benchmark thread? Ryzen is fine for pcsx2. A guy got fullspeed on TTT at stock settings with a 1700 so an R5 1600 would be fine. Plus for GT4 in particular there's a video on YouTube of a guy getting fullspeed on it with Ryzen.

Sponsored links

the 1700x at stock is about 2100.. basically the equivilent to my 3770 below. Good enough for most games for sure...
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case
Yeah I have seen the scores for ryzen, it seems to do really well tbf. Seems and has upped the game a little.

I'll be happy with ryzen, but if I come across a 4th/5th gen i7 for not far off the same no eh I'll probably grab it, more power the better I suppose! 8gb of ram enough if I wanted to run games with a few "enhancements"? Probably run 8gb and get another 8gb kit when money is better?
(02-20-2018, 07:40 PM)SomethingClever23 Wrote: 8gb of ram enough if I wanted to run games with a few "enhancements"? Probably run 8gb and get another 8gb kit when money is better?
8 GB is plenty for PCSX2 at least. And with current RAM prices waiting before getting another kit is likely the right choice anyway.