Pcsx2 has a virus?!
(08-29-2012, 03:18 PM)Luke_H Wrote: I cheated and bought a Mac Sad

Because mac is forever virus-free.

Sponsored links

(08-29-2012, 03:54 PM)naoan Wrote: Because mac is forever virus-free.
I'm not stupid either Tongue My mac receives no illegal software.
Two 2.40GHz 6-Core Intel Xeon Processors (Oc'ed to 3.2ghz)
12GB DDR3 ECC 1600Mhz SDRam (6x2GB)
ATI Radeon HD 5870 1GB
Mac OSX (Always The Latest)
Windows 8 64 Bit
Mac Pro Desktop (2012 - July)
Quote:This week, security researchers discovered that a new computer virus had infected half a million Macs — about half of them in the United States. The virus is infesting the computers in the most surreptitious way possible: users need not manually click on any malicious links or manually download any malware to get infected. The program simply downloads itself. Once downloaded, the malware’s creators gain a back door that gives them unauthorized access to the victim’s computer.
the funny thing is, thats overexxaggerated

the thing is with macs, its next to impossible to get a virus, and when they do they cant do anything

its like having a house with ever room seperated by a locked door, yeah okay the virus got in the back door, but its now come across another locked door..... so really it accomplished what?
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
what is your basis? at least those article got their facts from proper research instead of gut feeling or sheer belief.
apologies, im actually at school at the moment, so i only have the functionality to reply, rather than supply articles and whatnot

that is both based on my understanding of the OSX environment being a mac technician with an Xserv and 12 macs with 30 Ipads in a primarily windows environment for approximately a year as well as experience with how sandboxed OSX is from a personal snowy machine masquerading as a server in my house

its also based off hours and hours a day of lurking on the internet reading feature articles, journals and forums aswell as various media outlets on reporting the actual scope of the virus in question aswell as its actual abilites and what it actualy comprimised

admittedly this was a metaphor of my own conception, if it offended you in any way i do apologize
[Main Computer] - CPU: I7 950 @ 3.2Ghz | GPU: Twin Nvidea GTS 450's SLI'd | RAM: 8GB DDR3 - 1600MHz | OS: Windows 7 Ultimate x64 | EMU: PCSX2 v1.0 | GS: GSdx32-SSE4 | SPU2: SPU2-X | PAD LilyPad | CDVD ****
Yet the fact that an unknown security hole could exist on a possibly millions of codes OS is totally impossible, right?
no, an operating system is incredibly complicated and any number of flaws can exist, not to mention additional software opening vulnerabilities

my point was in a system where countless millions hours of fixing vulnerabilities might still leave it open to unforseen flaws, in this case prevention is better than a cure

thus my metaphor, yeah okay a virus gets into an application, it cant actually do anything because there is a whole seperate layer of protection around the OS, perhaps the OS is penetrated, it still doesnt have total control until yet another layer of protection. by the time any of this remotely sounds possible its patched and extra safeguards are put in place

i dont understand your outward hostility? - i simply participated in this discussion with my own perception based in my own experiences and professional opinion/knowledge
Hostility? Quite the opposite, I found your faith toward mac amusing.
i found it delusional.