Pcsx2 lag on WIn8
Even so AMD is slowly getting back up with their APUs and ofcourse they're not faster then Intels cpu, they still are quite decent. Ofcourse the Instructionset of AMD is still quite old (Xcept the Bulldozer/Piledriver) Nevertheless I don't have any issues with running PS2 games with amd Smile

Sponsored links

What does Windows 8 have to do with it? PCSX2 runs perfectly for me under that OS.
Yeah, I'm myself a defender of AMD and it's not about Win8 the problem. What happens is that CPU may have problems running some games even with speedhacks. Some games wont run fine does not matter the CPU also.

Without using speedhacks may happen "raw" low FPS what impacts the whole experience: slow motion, sound problems and so on.

Speedhacks may help reducing the load on the CPU... for a price. On most games there is no easily perceivable issues and the game runs great, but excess speedhacks may cause sound sync issues and a kind of lag that may be what is reported in the OP.

Notice that how much speedhack can be applied depends on the game.

Resuming: Try combinations of speedhacks, like advancing EE while keeping VU speedhacks low, verify the result, then remove EE speedhack and try advancing VU cycle stealing, verify... if not good yet try mixing a bit of the two... The worst scenery is when needing to advance both too much.

As rule of thumb, try reducing EE cyclerate if having sound sync issues. If experimenting lags VU cycle stealing is the most probable culprit.
Imagination is where we are truly real