Pcsx2 lag on WIn8
Hi I recently installed PCSX2 on Win8 and its lagging alot. These are my specs:

AMD A10-4600M APU with Radeon™ HD Graphics (4 CPUs), ~2.3GHz
8192MB RAM
1 TB
Windows 8 64-bit (6.2, Build 9200)
AMD Radeon HD 7660G + 7670M Dual Graphics

My previous laptop has alot weaker graphics (radeon HD 5650) yet it can run at constant 50+fps. I tried running BT3 on this new computer but only get 30fps max. My settings are all defaults, but I set to native res and enabled all speedhacks.

Sponsored links

AMD CPU at that clock speed will have problems running some games. The video card is not the most important for PCSX2 unless trying too much post processing. Probably your previous laptop had a stronger by core CPU even if with less cores.
Imagination is where we are truly real
Thanks for the reply. My previous CPU is only i3 330M @ 2.1GHz, dont really think its better lol.
could be.
I think I3 has a faster architecture than A10
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
But I dont see how that would result in such a big difference in gaming performance. ALso this is an issue only for pcsx2. I can run newer games on low/med with decent fps while my older computer cant.
Yeah i3 is better architecture, but that trinity has also turbo to 3,2ghz, make sure you have high performance power setting selected, by default laptops have that on power saving which doesn't feed enough power to anything but web browser and stuff alike;p. You could also turn off any flash based stuff, web browser etc as it shares weight over your gpu with gsdx and totally turn off MTvu speedhack if you have it on, it does not speed up this game and will totally disable your cpu turbo mode.

BT3 is actually very light on cpu on any fairy new pcsx2 builds(1.0.0 and up to be sure) soo cpu shouldn't really be a problem here. GPU should be able to hold around x2 res as well, but since you have dual graphics, that could potentially cause some problems, dunno really how it works in those amd laptops, but hd7000 series had driver problems in the past which keept them idle, that would lag any emulator@_@.

IMO you shouldn't really be hardware limited to play this game at full speed, unless ofc you try to run 2 player mode as that split screen mode is nearly twice more demanding and you probably have no chance of running it at full speed.;p
(03-03-2013, 07:50 PM)CCJ Wrote: But I dont see how that would result in such a big difference in gaming performance. ALso this is an issue only for pcsx2. I can run newer games on low/med with decent fps while my older computer cant.

I hope you aren't trying to compare pc gaming to emulation.
cause it's totally ridiculous... Blink
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(03-03-2013, 07:54 PM)jesalvein Wrote: I hope you aren't trying to compare pc gaming to emulation.
cause it's totally ridiculous... Blink
Lol I know, but Im implying the fact that this new laptop is supposed to be superior to my previous laptop.

Also my laptops always running on high power, I also have no progs running in BG when I try pcsx2.
Actually I've been reading a test between the i3-2100 (I believe it was this cpu) and the A10 series and the A10 series kicked the i3's butt Smile
(03-03-2013, 08:24 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: Actually I've been reading a test between the i3-2100 (I believe it was this cpu) and the A10 series and the A10 series kicked the i3's butt Smile

I'd agree that's true for many PC applications and games. The point is PCSX2 exposes the main flaw in the last AMD architecture that is low IPS under lightly threaded applications.

Piledrive enhanced a bit over Bulldozer but did not really correct that issue. In that particular case even the older Phenom II fares better.
Imagination is where we are truly real