Pcsx2 lag problem
dont think i can do it now as its 1 am over here xD but il do it first thing after i come home from school.
Thank You for helping me so far dog and thanks to rest of you guys for giving me solutions =)

Sponsored links

heh no problem. You have school? I thought school was over and you would have your two months of summer, then go back to school at september.
CPU: Core i5 Processor 3330
GPU: EVGA GTX 970 FTW 4GB
RAM: 16 GB
HDD: 1 TB
OS1: Windows 10
yeah school is over for me tommoro xD just getting the grades then its sweet, sweet freedom Tongue
cant believe im still awake-.-... im off now, il write back here how it goes when il try to change back to AHCI mode
if you change to ahci mode from ide in win xp you wont even be able to boot into windows. same thing with vista/win 7 except if you do some registry changes. and also that cant be your problem...

your problem is the cpu and gpu in your laptop, they are both very low.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
(06-18-2010, 02:03 AM)ltfk93 Wrote: yeah school is over for me tommoro xD just getting the grades then its sweet, sweet freedom Tongue
cant believe im still awake-.-... im off now, il write back here how it goes when il try to change back to AHCI mode

well i tested your expirement on an old computer that i don't even use and it turns out, you cant even boot it

But like i said, you need a new graphics card, and a new computer to fix your lag, as that seems to be the only solution.
(06-18-2010, 05:24 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: if you change to ahci mode from ide in win xp you wont even be able to boot into windows. same thing with vista/win 7 except if you do some registry changes. and also that cant be your problem...

your problem is the cpu and gpu in your laptop, they are both very low.

Well as i said in the description the pcsx2 has ran at 60fps all the time before without this lag loop, so there is no way that my specs are very low....
I think the graphic card is just damaged, and im thinking of delivering it to the repair service.
(06-18-2010, 06:01 PM)Dog2473 Wrote:
(06-18-2010, 02:03 AM)ltfk93 Wrote: yeah school is over for me tommoro xD just getting the grades then its sweet, sweet freedom Tongue

well i tested your expirement on an old computer that i don't even use and it turns out, you cant even boot it

But like i said, you need a new graphics card, and a new computer to fix your lag, as that seems to be the only solution.

Yes i know about the boot thing, thats why i changed it to IDE to install xp -.-..
IDE installs xp wil AHCI only allows vista and win7, so im thinking of installing win7 with AHCI on and test if that is the problem. I havnt done it yet cause im waiting for a slow torrent to finnish :/ ( 7gb xbox360 game), cba waiting that long again if i format
Hey just remember that we dont talk about pirated games here since you metioned that torrent.
ah k sry -.- it had nothing to do about the pcsx2 tho xD
Dog u mind if i add you on msn? much faster to communicate that way
I have exactly the same problem. Using 0.9.7.3113 and playing FFX (Pal). The game plays at 60-70fps at native and 50-60fps at scaling x2, but periodically lags to almost exactly one half fps. My cpu monitor shows the CPU usage going down a half from 60% to 30%.

I do not experience the same issue with 0.9.6.

Maybe I should mention that I also get an issue with loading saved states too often:
(pxInvokeActionEvent) Out-of-memory on SafeArray block re-allocation.
Old size: 44040192 bytes, New size: 45088768 bytes.(VM_UnzipFromDisk)

I am not sure if that will deserve an actual bug report.
hey guys just joined can sum1 help me
i hav a dell studio 1555
my specs are
core2duo
4gig ram
2.0 gghz
and 1gb intel graphic card

my games which are tekken 4 and mortal kombat shaolin monks menus run fine but when the fight scene starts it lags like ***** plz help