Pcsx2 lag problem
(06-20-2010, 08:07 AM)samrat105 Wrote: hey guys just joined can sum1 help me
i hav a dell studio 1555
my specs are
core2duo
4gig ram
2.0 gghz
and 1gb intel graphic card

my games which are tekken 4 and mortal kombat shaolin monks menus run fine but when the fight scene starts it lags like ***** plz help

Have you tried speedhacks?

Sponsored links

ya dude tried it bro
(06-19-2010, 12:45 PM)ltfk93 Wrote:
(06-18-2010, 05:24 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: if you change to ahci mode from ide in win xp you wont even be able to boot into windows. same thing with vista/win 7 except if you do some registry changes. and also that cant be your problem...

your problem is the cpu and gpu in your laptop, they are both very low.

Well as i said in the description the pcsx2 has ran at 60fps all the time before without this lag loop, so there is no way that my specs are very low....
I think the graphic card is just damaged, and im thinking of delivering it to the repair service.
It is your cpu and gpu which is too slow to keep the game at full speed, your cpu is a slow 2 Ghz dual core and your gpu is a crappy geforce 105m (is the 105 the slowest or is there a 100 series which is slower?)

The reason you are having better speeds at somethimes is because that not all scenes use the same amount of power to render, at some points in the game you will be able to get 60-80 fps and at points you will only be able to get 20-40 fps.
(06-20-2010, 09:49 AM)arquliz Wrote:
(06-18-2010, 05:24 PM)iakoboss7 Wrote: if you change to ahci mode from ide in win xp you wont even be able to boot into windows. same thing with vista/win 7 except if you do some registry changes. and also that cant be your problem...

Well as i said in the description the pcsx2 has ran at 60fps all the time before without this lag loop, so there is no way that my specs are very low....
I think the graphic card is just damaged, and im thinking of delivering it to the repair service.
It is your cpu and gpu which is too slow to keep the game at full speed, your cpu is a slow 2 Ghz dual core and your gpu is a crappy geforce 105m (is the 105 the slowest or is there a 100 series which is slower?)

The reason you are having better speeds at somethimes is because that not all scenes use the same amount of power to render, at some points in the game you will be able to get 60-80 fps and at points you will only be able to get 20-40 fps.

I guess both the original poster and I didn't make it quite clear. We are talking about exactly the scenes being rendered periodically at full speed and then lagging and then going back to full etc. (I am very aware that different scenes are rendered at different speeds but that is not the situation described; imagine say farming for an item...)
You're saying you get full speed all the time (60fps) and then sometimes it's laggy anyway? Tried without speedhacks? Forcing Vsync off?

Oh and please don't quote big posts (or quote chains) especially when it's the post right before yours.
Core i5 3570k -- Geforce GTX 670  --  Windows 7 x64
@shadow lady,

Happens both with speedhacks and without them. Vsync is off.
(06-20-2010, 05:19 PM)Shano Wrote:
(06-20-2010, 09:49 AM)arquliz Wrote:

I guess both the original poster and I didn't make it quite clear. We are talking about exactly the scenes being rendered periodically at full speed and then lagging and then going back to full etc. (I am very aware that different scenes are rendered at different speeds but that is not the situation described; imagine say farming for an item...)

Well this just isnt normal for me because i dont get why it ran at full speed before without it lag looping like this. I remember perfectly playing ffx from the start and i played it for like 5-6 hours without any lag.

I have changed hdd mode back to AHCI and installed win7 but i gotta get the game from my friend and back the iso up on my pc again, reason i cant take the iso from my external hdd is that it has around 1k virus... So il be commenting the result tommorow
(06-20-2010, 07:49 PM)Shadow Lady Wrote: Oh and please don't quote big posts (or quote chains) especially when it's the post right before yours.

for the blind ones Tongue
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
gee ty iako -.-
nope still the same lag loop. I guess my graphic card is just damaged so il send the pc to the repair service by this week