Pcsx2 on PS3
Apparently hackers have accessed the PS2 emulator it's slow and horribly broken though from what I recall. The EE and VU's aren't the issue Cell could crunch that easy. It's the GS that is the issue here.

Sponsored links

Guys, you lost me when you started talking about programming, and my english is not perfect. So, is it possible for us to play ps2 games on ps3 in a near future?

(sorry about my english again)
Code:
is it possible for us to play ps2 games on ps3 in a near future?
It already is... if you have one of those ps3 versions that supports it;P (rare now?), other than that - no, if your ps3 didn't support it from the start, you cannot just load something and make ps2 games work on it.
(08-02-2011, 08:41 AM)Qaddafi Wrote: would it work well though (at good speeds) if it was made to work on the ps3?

pcsx2 wouldn't work well on the ps3 unless it was heavily rewritten and optimized for the ps3's architecture.

sony attempted a ps2 emulator on the ps3 and then removed support for it due to low compatibility and random problems it had.
your best hope for ps2 emulation on the ps3 is if sony brings back their emulator in the future.
or you can get a fat-ps3 with the Emotion Engine chip that plays ps2 games; but that wouldn't be real emulation Tongue2

Check out my blog: Trashcan of Code
well, that's a shame, I don't have bacward compatibility. Thanks for the info anyway.
Well, people, I know we've already talked about this, but the situation seems a little more different now.
PS3 users have been talking about the need of a ps2 emulator for ps3, but we can't do anything, a lot of people want to help, we've been sharing our ideas for a possible ps2 emulator on ps3 but we can't go any further than that, because we're not devs. I just want to know, are there any devs who want to help ps3 users with this? People want to share their ideas with devs.
If Sony themselves gave up on the emu, what makes you think it's possible some independent devs can make it work? Biggrin
The reason they gave up is pretty simple, because they still make money from ps2, if they wouldn't, they would not stop supporting the backwards compatiblity.
(09-05-2011, 07:42 PM)jackmaldow Wrote: Well, people, I know we've already talked about this, but the situation seems a little more different now.
PS3 users have been talking about the need of a ps2 emulator for ps3, but we can't do anything, a lot of people want to help, we've been sharing our ideas for a possible ps2 emulator on ps3 but we can't go any further than that, because we're not devs. I just want to know, are there any devs who want to help ps3 users with this? People want to share their ideas with devs.

A little different now? This thread is only a month old...

Anyways, if there was interest, you'd know about it. The thing is, even if someone DID make a PS2 emulator for PS3 the amount of people who'd be able to use it is quite limited given the state of the homebrew PS3 scene and how complicated it is to get the system hacked if you don't already have it so and are on the latest firmware (Note on that, it requires lots of soldering, a NAND programmer, and an older console as newer systems have completely different hardware and are designed not to run older firmware)

So what we have is a very intensive task for a very limited amount of users... it's just not very likely... Maybe in a couple years when there is a more port friendly alternative to PCSX2 (assuming anyone ever takes on the task), but even then it's likely to need heavy optimization.
[Image: 2748844.png]
Just buy the First Model PS3, In still have Mine Smile - I also Replaced the Fans and its Really Cool and Quite and the Picture is Decent through a HDMI Cable.