Pcsx2 opens and closes! NEWB NEEDS HELP!
Hello, super new to all of this but have downloaded everything that is in the guide. But still, it aint working.

I have pcsx2
I have XQuartz x11
I have the cg 3.0
I also have the bios (but it only has 4 files in it)

Everything is installed and every time I open pcsx2 it just bounces like its about to open but just shuts down. X11 doesn't open with pcsx2 like i've seen some write in their threads. I have no clue what to do!

I would seriously love any help I could get!
I have been scouring all different kinds of threads online to see if anybody has found the answer to this problem and so far nothing :/

I'm running snow leopard with 2.4 intel duocore processor with 4gb of memory don't think that would be the problem but it might help right?

I

Sponsored links

Step One:
First make sure you have downloaded the following:
XQuartz

Step Two:
The non-Snow Leopard-version of PCSX2 since I have yet to meet a person whom actually gets it to work properly

Step Three:
And also the NVidia GC Frameworks

Step Four:
Install all wich you have downloaded. I wont be posting screenshots for that since I wont take the risk of destroying my PCSX 2 since I used so long time to get it up and running.

Step Five:
Then when all is downloaded and installed, you search for an application named XQuartz, open it.

Step Six:
You need to enable root user, here is a guide for that.

Step Seven:
Then type the following:
cd /Applications/pcsx2.app/contents/macos/ (press enter)
sudo tcsh (you will be asked to provide a password, provide the password for your root user)
./pcsx2 (this will after all your work, open ut the ever glorious PCSX2 MAC!!!!!!)

Dont hesitate to ask if you need any more than that, and if necessary, I can provide a screenshot guide :-)

- Kaze
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
(04-26-2011, 08:47 AM)Kaze Wrote: Step One:
XQuartz

Step Two:
The non-Snow Leopard-version of PCSX2 since I have yet to meet a person whom actually gets it to work properly

Step Three:

Step Four:
Install all wich you have downloaded. I wont be posting screenshots for that since I wont take the risk of destroying my PCSX 2 since I used so long time to get it up and running.

Step Five:
Then when all is downloaded and installed, you search for an application named XQuartz, open it.

Step Six:

Step Seven:
Then type the following:
sudo tcsh (you will be asked to provide a password, provide the password for your root user)
./pcsx2 (this will after all your work, open ut the ever glorious PCSX2 MAC!!!!!!)

Dont hesitate to ask if you need any more than that, and if necessary, I can provide a screenshot guide :-)

- Kaze

yo kaze thanks a bunch for helping me out!!
i'm going to uninstall everything i have and then redo it to the links that you posted and will let you know what the business is in the morning! thanks much can't wait for kingdom hearts 2!!! ha

Kaze, thanks for posting the solution for Pcsx2 on mac. Im still having trouble after enabling root user. When I go into Xquarts it says that pcsx2 cannot be found after inputing the commands. Please help...
I am probably the village idiot here, but while I didn't have all the problems others discussed the tasks seem to be fairly straight forward to get the SL version of pcsx2 to run albeit with my simplistic knowledge of this program I have not figured out sound yet.

my tasks as I see it are
1. Installing all the damn software needed... there were 3 things I think that have been commented on ad nauseum.
2. Getting the bios which is not provided. (get it from your ps2)
3. Launch and Configure the damn software so it knows where the hell everything is.
a. bios
b. iso file (I made this on my mac using simply burns and hddutil commandline though I think you can use just the hddutil to do it all. I did this because I HAVE a ps2 game.)
c. plugins (possibly not required)
d. controller (at least to get a map of where they currently stand)

3. I used the file open iso option anyway to open the iso file even after telling the configure where it was, it didn't seem to take any other way.
4. Play game...as buggy as it was, I probably have more work to do, but it did launch and I played a little....lame tho, so far I am underwhelmed. you MUST configure the software, its not like every mac program you've had before, this is beta land, and you're trying to piece together a somewhat working app, not a polished product.
(04-29-2011, 05:52 PM)rrgracym Wrote: Kaze, thanks for posting the solution for Pcsx2 on mac. Im still having trouble after enabling root user. When I go into Xquarts it says that pcsx2 cannot be found after inputing the commands. Please help...

Sorry, been studying for exams, anyways

cd /Applications/pcsx2.app/contents/macos/ is not necessarily the locations of your pcsx2.app file, thats just the default location.
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
My MAC is 10.6.8 NVIDIA

Tried everything. I got the newest XQuartz, installed the drivers, tried different versions of install, but all I got is a window that opens and instantly closes and no terminal at all. WTH am I doing wrong????

(04-26-2011, 08:47 AM)Kaze Wrote: Step One:
XQuartz

Step Two:

Step Three:

Step Four:

Step Five:

Step Six:

Step Seven:
Then type the following:

- Kaze