Pcsx2 problems
Hi guys. I just ripped my collection of PS2 games into my htpc hard drive. I am having quite a few problems with just the first 4 I've tried.

I'm on the latest svn, and I'm running Win 8.1, i5 4670k and a GTX 770 OC.

So first, Midnight Club Racing. When I get to the car select screen, if I select the 3rd car to start a race, I get this psychedelic wireframe mess that shows up and the log window reports tlb error. I tried reripping with imgburn, still the same. So ok, time to try some thing else.

Contra: Shattered Soldier. I'm using DX 11 hardware with 3x internal resolution. Any color that's either supposed to be red or orange in the game, is blue.

The same issue with god hand. Colors that are supposed to be orange/red are blue.

So at that point I tried my last game for the hell of it, Neo contra. Now in a thread I read someone stated that it's fully working now with patches. Well, as soon as the first level starts the log window goes nots with unknown vif and DMA messages. And if you pause it, the game freezes.

I don't get it. I used pcsx2, the 1.0 version on my arcade cab and it ran every game flawlessly...I have the newest version and the first 4 games I try are problematic.

Can someone help?

Sponsored links

Can you maybe post the game-corresponding emulogs?. Often problems are solvable reading those.
(05-30-2014, 08:18 PM)willkuer Wrote: Can you maybe post the game-corresponding emulogs?. Often problems are solvable reading those.

Ok, so evidently the Midnight Club issue is solved, I guess a new PCSX2 svn was released 4 days after the one I thought was the most current and it contained a fix for Midnight Club.

This first emulog is Neo Contra, the second is ContraWackohattered Soldier.

God Hand, for whatever reason, is now displaying the correct colors.....strange but whatever, one less problem.

.txt   emuLogNC.txt (Size: 143,81 KB / Downloads: 267)

.txt   emuLogCSS.txt (Size: 6,53 KB / Downloads: 374)

The color issue is fixed if I switch to DX9 hardware, but I want to stay with dx11 hardware as it is faster.
Unofficial builds aren't supported.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Midnight Club was worked on a few days ago by a few members and a developer here to fix an issue that crept up. so it was in the process of being fixed at that point. You managed to get the fixed one thanks to that event.

@jes: they are nearly exact, plus there is no M to show modified on the pcsx2 version. but reguardless.. the MC issue was fixed due to work of some here over the passed few days
Get the official build from pcsx2 main site or from this link.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(05-31-2014, 07:56 PM)Saiki Wrote: Midnight Club was worked on a few days ago by a few members and a developer here to fix an issue that crept up. so it was in the process of being fixed at that point. You managed to get the fixed one thanks to that event.

@jes: they are nearly exact, plus there is no M to show modified on the pcsx2 version. but reguardless.. the MC issue was fixed due to work of some here over the passed few days

Yeah, refraction fixed it. There was a hack used to fix Batman Returns in r3285 which broke MC.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
(05-31-2014, 07:52 PM)Trnzaddict Wrote: The color issue is fixed if I switch to DX9 hardware, but I want to stay with dx11 hardware as it is faster.

It is known that there are some compatibility differences between those two modes. For your case it is just bad luck. Don't think you will find a solution for this. So either playing with glitches and higher speed or without and with slowdowns.

But if you want we could try to reduce the slowdowns a bit. For that please post your specs.
(05-31-2014, 07:54 PM)jesalvein Wrote: Unofficial builds aren't supported.

Ok, but I just grabbed the latest one from the official link now and the same exact problems are occuring.

I'm including 2 screenshots to show you what is going on as far as the color problem, but I want to get Neo Contra working, as I am a Contra Freak.

(05-31-2014, 10:54 PM)willkuer Wrote: It is known that there are some compatibility differences between those two modes. For your case it is just bad luck. Don't think you will find a solution for this. So either playing with glitches and higher speed or without and with slowdowns.

But if you want we could try to reduce the slowdowns a bit. For that please post your specs.

My specs?

i5 4670k
gtx770oc
win8.1x64
You cpu can handle that. Set extra rendering threads to 3 in gsdx plugin settings and use the software renderer.

Edit: *****... mixed up threads. Ignore what I said.

Now don't ignore me:
With resolution 2xnative you don't have slowdowns?
What happens if you select your gpu in gsdx adapter selection?