Pcsx2 running slow
Hi to all, im looking for some advice, after previously attempting to run pcs2 on an i5 laptop, i gave up and managed to get a decent second hand pc, however despite the extra beef its still running really slow even at basic settings , i also use dolphin which runs very well, so im a bit confused az to why pcsx2 wont run correctly

Specs
Core i5 650 [email protected]
6gbRam
Nividia geforce gt 220 128bit 1gb (nividia percormance settings tweaked above factory settings)

I'd appreciate any help as im totally confused, i have friends with slightly weaker hardware running it no problem. Its a shame because i have a heap of ps2 discs id love to play again. 

Ps i am aware that running physical discs can cause a slow down. And have addressed this yet it still runs slow

Sponsored links

What version of PCSX2 are you using, and do you have any non-default settings enabled?
(12-14-2017, 02:59 AM)pandubz Wrote: What version of PCSX2 are you using, and do you have any non-default settings enabled?

Im using the latest version, as far as i can tell everything is default not using anything that might slow it down. Using native ps2 resolution, i didnt want to push it too hard on first run.
Im using sse2 and direct9
try ssse3 or sse4.1
what windows version you are using?
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
(12-14-2017, 03:16 AM)smartstrike Wrote: try ssse3 or sse4.1
what windows version you are using?

Im on windows 10 home
I tried sse3 and 4 already
Doesnt run at all with those
Got a gut feeling something with the pc is off not the emu
 Cheers
that video is very low-end considering change that nvidia card with the suffix model number of 5 or above....e.g. x5x,x6x,x7x and x8x models
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
stock that cpu has a stp of 1350ish.. I dont know what you're seeing with that oc.
They recommend 1600-1800 to run most games.. where do you bench at using passmark performance test?

That video card is really not any better than the Integrated graphics on more recent processors.. up that to a gtx 750 ti oc and you'll probably have a pretty good performing rig.. IF your chip benchmarks well enough...
amd tr 1950x                                                 amd ryzen 5 2500u
asrock x399 taichi                                         amd vega 8 
XFX Radeon rx570                                       16gb ddr 4 2400 ram
32gb gskill ddr4-3200                                   1tb nvme ssd
Debian Bullseye                                           480gb sata ssd
Custom loop water cooled                           HP envy x360
nzxt 340 case