Pcsx2 shell replacer mod?
It'd be cool to boot into the original ps2 menu, and be able to browse files/games similar to the og ps2.

I'm currently working a ps2 style pc build and this would be the perfect finishing touch. Does anyone know how to do this? If so it'd also be cool to integrate it with kodi or steam.

Sponsored links

Just boot the emu with no iso or disc inserted
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(03-20-2018, 12:05 PM)refraction Wrote: Just boot the emu with no iso or disc inserted

How? It usually opens up to a menu when I start it. I'm still a bit new with this program my bad if the answer is obvious.
Just go to the cdvd menu and click "no disc" then choose the boot option from the system menu

(03-20-2018, 12:31 PM)MoonMail Wrote: How? It usually opens up to a menu when I start it. I'm still a bit new with this program my bad if the answer is obvious.

I'm not looking to run the thing, I have experience with that. What I'm trying to do is have it run automatically when the program is opened, my plan is to use it to replace explorer.exe at startup. It would replace my desktop, taskbar and etc.

Sorry for the confusion!

Edit: Re-reading my post...I really gotta work on how I word things.
Oh right, I don't think you can replace your taskbar and explorer etc, windows just won't do that, but you might be able to get it to auto run the emulator using some commands line options. Somebody else will have to help you with that though, I don't know how to use them,sorry!

(03-20-2018, 07:08 PM)refraction Wrote: Oh right, I don't think you can replace your taskbar and explorer etc, windows just won't do that, but you might be able to get it to auto run the emulator using some commands line options. Somebody else will have to help you with that though, I don't know how to use them,sorry!

I got that part figured out, It's a really easy edit! I'm just trying to get the emulator itself to run without the menu prompts.
I think PCSX2 has command line switches but I don't know what they are. I don't suppose launching the PCSX2 executable from a CLI of your choice with a /help switch tells you the options?
https://wiki.pcsx2.net/Command-line_support
Are you looking to make your PC act like a PS2? Where it only shows the PS2 bios and when you put in a disc it loads that game?

Loading a disc based game might be possible from the bios (to be honest I have never bothered to try), but if you want to browse iso files and pick from them or do other things in an enviroment that looks like a PS2 system then you will need to make a custom frontend to be able to handle all that.

You can integrate PCSX2 and many other emulators into steam already if you would rather go that route. As for kodi I don't know if there is program addon to allow PCSX2 game loading, but it should be possible to make one.