Pcsx2 v0.9.5 rev 482 - MGS3
Hello people,i'm quite new to the whole Pcsx2 program and the emulation stuff , so forgive me if i'm asking a newbish question but i was wondering if i could get to run MGS3 - Snake eater to work at full speed ..

My current fps is around 15-23 , kind of choppy sound but its kind of playable

My Comp configuration is :

AMD Athlon 64 x2 Dual Core Processor 4000+
2.11 GHz , 2 GB Ram
NVIDIA GeForce 8500 GT 256 MB
Windows xp Pro sp 2

Pcsx2 config is :
Graphics : GSdx 476 (MSVC 15.00,SSE2) 0.1.14
Sound : Pepos SPU2 1.9.0
SSSPSX PAD Plugin Pressure mod 1.6.0

everything else is about the same as the rest of the pcsx2 configs

Bios is Europe v0.1.60(04/10/2001) Console - if that matters

Now for graphic config :

Resolution Windowed , Direct3D9 (Hardware) , Pixel Shader 3.0 Interlacing - None , 4:3 Aspect ratio , texture filtering and Alpha correction (FBA) is enabled and NLOOP hack is enabled with that gray type of checked option Smile

CPU - EEREC - EE/IOP recompiler checked aswell as VU Recompilers(VU0rec and VU1rec)

Multi threaded GS mode (MTGS) checked aswell, Frame limiting is checked on Limited.

Advanced options are default , exception for EE/VU options are checked for Flush to Zero

Speed Hacks - x1.5 Cycle rate checked aswell as Ebale IOP x2 Cycle Rate - x2 or x3 rate seems to be giving me some problems.

Thats about it , hope you can help me , thanks in advance Wink

Quick edit : Speed hack x3 cycle works but , no improvement Wacko

Oh and i downloaded the 1.0.0395 pcsx2 playground version and the pcsx2 0.9.4 and tried the rev482 on both - not a big difference.

Sponsored links

Yout cpu is really weak...
i see, well i passed the whole game , even if it was on 20 fps , guess its my computer then Tongue2 thanks anyways
(02-20-2009, 08:52 PM)Showtime Wrote: i see, well i passed the whole game , even if it was on 20 fps , guess its my computer then Tongue2 thanks anyways

It's neither your computer nor The Developers... It's Life my friend... The team at PSX2 DOOOO have lives and other Priorities that need attention, so they can/will do only so much forward movement.... PS 2 was released ages ago... While it's still has many fine games it's still behind the times even for a computer of 3 years ago... Eventually, the Team of PSX2 will find the nuances and such and have te games function fine for pretty much everyone...

Case in point:

My machine:
Intel Core 2 duo (1.80 ghz)
Nvidia Geforce 7100GS (256 MB)
2 gigs ram
Windows Vista Home Premium

PS2:
* CPU: Emotion Engine 300MHz, 128-bit INT, 128-bit FP, 24KB L1, 16KB Scratch, 8KB VU0, 32KB VU1, 450 MIPS, 6.2 GFLOPS, 66M Vertices/Sec, 2.4 GB/s Internal, 1.2 GB/s Graphics, 3.2 GB/s Memory
* Graphics: Sony GS 150MHz, 1.2G Texels/Sec, 32-bit Color, 4MB (48 GB/s), 1.2 GB/sec Bus
* Sound: SPU2, 48 2D Voices, ADPCM, 2MB
* Data: 24MB (2.6 GB/s), 16MB (81 MB/s), 4.7GB Discs, Expansion 56K Modem Ethernet

In my view it means that you're pc will do fine when The team Has gotten things down (No insult intended to the PSX2 team, you folks are doing amazing Smile )... So if anyone tells you your system is weak, Just smile and KNOW what type of person they are ... Hang in there with everyones help I think the team will make the system, stable, fast and User friendly in the end Wink

Sidenote: look around I beleive there's a screenshot (Basically a ready compiled replacement Exe) Of Build 528 somewhere.... It may not help much but For me it did get rid of some Grapic glitches and Improved FPS by between 1 and 5% depending on game.... Hope this Helps Wink
"He who dies with the most toys, is still, None the less... Dead"
"Never argue with an Idiot, it causes confusion in who's who"
"If you're mad, You're loosing"