Pcsx2 will damage my laptop?
@Uther: That is fine.

@Shadow 745: 95c is still high. Is there a way for you to monitor the GPU's fan speed? Maybe it's default isn't 100% fan speed. It usually should auto adjust from the load and temps. That could be a problem if it's at load and the fan isn't kicking in speed.
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |

Sponsored links

Yes fan control in Catalyst Center by default set to auto and fan speed show 36% in idle mode
When temperature close to 102C fan speed show 90%
Well if your card idles at ~80c and hits 102c....it's probably a good idea to set the fan to manual 100% fan speed. Also you can check the GPU itself and see if the fan is actually spinning properly. If not, that's what probably is causing the high temps.
Laptop: Apple MacBook Pro Retina 15' | Intel Core i7-4850HQ @ 2.3-3.5Ghz | Optimus Powered nVidia Geforce GT 750M (2GB GDDR5) + Intel Iris Pro Graphics | 16GB (2x8GB) DDR3 1600Mhz RAM | Intel HD Audio | Apple Magic Trackpad | Samsung 512GB PCI-E Based SSD |
(11-14-2009, 08:14 PM)decode1984 Wrote: It's normal for GPU's to get hot. But DAMN thats hot. My 8800's idle at 50-53c. I would look into getting an RMA for that 4850 if it's still under warranty. And ATI cards are known to run cooler than Nvidia GPU's. Hmmm... if your old card died from that temp, and your 4850 is also getting really hot then you have bigger issues. Either you got 2 defective cards or your room temp is high. Do you have proper ventilation and airflow in your case? What is your room temp?

The newest ATI cards (HD5xxx) may or may not run cooler than their Nvidia counterparts, but earlier cards (HD4xxx and earlier) typically ran hotter than Nvidia cards. The HD 48xx cards especially ran quite toasty, and it wasn't all that rare to see them in the 90+ degree ranges.

I don't think you can RMA based on high temperatures alone, since it's still technically within the operating temperature range. If you had any problems with stability as a result, though, you should be able to RMA.

Graphics card chips can take more of a beating than CPU chips normally.
[Image: yunacopy.jpg]
Yes in last month i tryed to set manually fan to 100% but when i run Devil May Cry 4 temperature close to 100C
i think what bought first version of Video card, i read about first model's Radeon 4850 they so hot ;-) yeah i bought at cheap price ~200$ video card and now this is my Nightmare :-)
new versions of Video cards in shops now with improved termaltake fans :-)
Realtemp is realiable with all the systems? The official asus utility, nb probe, keep display that the cpu temp is normal (but dont show the temp), even when realtemp shows over 65°C.
Realtemp works with all Core series Intel processors. Does it show 65c on full load or idle? 65c is a bit higher than normal but it is on a laptop CPU which does tend to get hotter than it's desktop counterpart.
(11-15-2009, 07:19 PM)decode1984 Wrote: Realtemp works with all Core series Intel processors. Does it show 65c on full load or idle? 65c is a bit higher than normal but it is on a laptop CPU which does tend to get hotter than it's desktop counterpart.

In idle status my cpu average temp is 50°C.

In full load 68-69°C after some minutes of play (even with a low-resource game, like operation flashpoint).
As long as it doesn't go above 70-75c you are ok. Max temp before automatic shutdown would probably be around 99c. You can try running OCCT 3 to put full stress on your cpu and monitor the temps.
(11-15-2009, 09:55 PM)decode1984 Wrote: As long as it doesn't go above 70-75c you are ok. Max temp before automatic shutdown would probably be around 99c. You can try running OCCT 3 to put full stress on your cpu and monitor the temps.

Then 69-70°C are not dangerous temperatures for a laptop?