Pentium 4 compatibility?
(01-27-2009, 10:03 PM)rama Wrote: Keyaku:
Whats really too slow on a pentium4 is the VU emulation.
You can probably play 2D games on your cpu just fine.

Emulating the 2 VU's is what a P4 simply cannot handle fast enough..

Ok thx to let me know
Btw I'm using KH2, and people said that KH2 isn't emulatable? But it goes around 40fps (wht's weird in this emu is that it goes slower when the FPS is low. why?
I'm gonna make another question, but like it ain't the same subject of this topic, I'm making a new topic

Sponsored links

(01-27-2009, 10:08 PM)Keyaku Wrote: Ok thx to let me know
Btw I'm using KH2, and people said that KH2 isn't emulatable? But it goes around 40fps (wht's weird in this emu is that it goes slower when the FPS is low. why?
I'm gonna make another question, but like it ain't the same subject of this topic, I'm making a new topic

Because it IS slow. Frames on a console are different from frames on the pc.

The ps2 goes at 50 or 60 fps, depends on the game. Anything less slow down the process, cause the game is set to run at that speed.

If you get 30 fps, you're going at half the normal speed...
If you're running kh2 at decent speed can i assume the compatibility list is obsolete? What was the last date on that being updated? Cuz it says 0% for kh2 but apparently this guy's got it going.
(01-27-2009, 10:16 PM)Wundervice Wrote: If you're running kh2 at decent speed can i assume the compatibility list is obsolete? What was the last date on that being updated? Cuz it says 0% for kh2 but apparently this guy's got it going.

Well, there's since September (but it was the same PCSX2 tht was from many months ago so I dunno why you guys said that it doesn't work O.o) that I can play it without lags (yes, with my pentium 4)
But the speed is still a problem for me, yet it goes pretty smooth and a decent speed
(01-27-2009, 09:48 PM)Keyaku Wrote: That is nothing compared to what we're saying. It's impossible what you're saying, what you're problably trying to say is that the power of the console isn't compatible with computing machines. But Pentium Ds are able to do that otherwise.

No, that's not what I'm trying to say, although maybe 8x is a bit exagerated, it's not impossible, and something among these lines should be the thing.

How can the "power" of the console be "compatible" with a computing machine? It's the "translation" that the emulator does from the ps2 programming language to another language, and that language clearly is compatible with ANY pc, doesn't matter even if it's a p3. Compatible doesn't mean fast, FYI, most times means "slow" (see speedhacks, for example).

And, again, no. Pentium Ds are just a pair of p4 glued together, the same crap twice. Pentium 4s are not the best thing out there (not even for PC gaming), are very outdated and are really slow for ps2 emulation. I'm talking by experience, I had one and I really don't miss it, lol.

In other tought, it's impressive that the ps2 emulation has advanced so much that you can run a 3D game in your p4 at a "decent speed", when it started, my p4 ran a 2d visual novel at 10 fps or less Tongue2.