Per-game profile selector for pcsx2
(09-14-2016, 07:43 PM)sevin Wrote: I'm not saying it won't take time or resources. But if these threads pop up so much, why not allocate some people to developing it? It's obvious people want this built into PCSX2. How will working on this "clutter" PCSX2's code? Did the memcards thing clutter it up? The folder memcards was a big quality of life improvement, game-specific configs will be a quality of life improvement too.

Allocate "some" people? What people? That's the problem. The few people we have are already using all their time on more important parts of the project. While I would like per game profiles too, I'd like other things more. That's just the way it works when you have a small team. If somebody wants to join up and code it I would certainly support it being integrated. I don't share the same fear of "clutter" that the devs do. I'm not sure why they are so afraid of that but I'm sure if they are there's a good reason. I mean I know why they don't want it cluttered, just not why that's the very first thing that's brought up when any new feature is suggested. That same fear almost kept folder memory cards out which I agree is a great feature. So I'm not sure where that comes from. Either way I'd support per game profiles if someone codes it.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD

Sponsored links

(09-14-2016, 07:50 PM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: Allocate "some" people? What people? That's the problem. The few people we have are already using all their time on more important parts of the project. While I would like per game profiles too, I'd like other things more. That's just the way it works when you have a small team. If somebody wants to join up and code it I would certainly support it being integrated. I don't share the same fear of "clutter" that the devs do. I'm not sure why they are so afraid of that but I'm sure if they are there's a good reason. I mean I know why they don't want it cluttered, just not why that's the very first thing that's brought up when any new feature is suggested. That same fear almost kept folder memory cards out which I agree is a great feature. So I'm not sure where that comes from. Either way I'd support per game profiles if someone codes it.

Alright, fair enough. Maybe I'll try to learn how to code sometime, it would be such a useful feature.
Intel Xeon E3-1231 v3 Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 | Crucial Ballistix Tactical 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3 @1600mhz
Gigabyte H97-D3H | addlink S70 1TB M.2 SSD Samsung EVO 840 250GB SSD | WD Blue 1TB
I thought about an external software that I can create using autoIT for my personal usage and for sharing with you. I already knew that the priority in pcsx2 is not this thing, I agree with this decision.
people realize pcsx2 is developed with skeleton crew yes?

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Mr-Random...=mr+random

this probably newest of idea no clue what happen with it, feature would be nice yes, but simple not priority
(09-14-2016, 09:32 PM)tsunami2311 Wrote: people realize pcsx2 is developed with skeleton crew yes?

They really don't.
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
(09-16-2016, 01:23 AM)Blyss Sarania Wrote: They really don't.

I recommend a sticky that say this so it not read like all the other sticky's so as the faceplam's continue Tongue