"Perfect" or "Flawless" Ranking
Why isn't there one? With Dolphin, I know 90% of the time if a game will run flawlessly all the way trough, or close to. With PCSX2, I don't and I could be 30 minutes+ into a game before "hey guess what? All the characters' hair won't render!"

Playable is such a massive umbrella term with no real definition. A ton of playable games have crackling audio the entire time, or you need to switch between software and hardware mode to get the cutscenes.

Apologies if this has been addressed before, I didn't see anything via the search function.

Sponsored links

(03-23-2016, 09:48 AM)TunaCat Wrote: Why isn't there one? With Dolphin, I know 90% of the time if a game will run flawlessly all the way trough, or close to. With PCSX2, I don't and I could be 30 minutes+ into a game before "hey guess what? All the characters' hair won't render!"
We're actually discussing actively about this.
Quote:Apologies if this has been addressed before, I didn't see anything via the search function.
it has, but it's devs subforum.

Quote:Playable is such a massive umbrella term with no real definition. A ton of playable games have crackling audio the entire time, or you need to switch between software and hardware mode to get the cutscenes.
"playable" means a game can be played from start to end with no blocking glitch
if all hairs aren't rendered, and you can begin the game and complete it, it's considered as playable
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Quote: you need to switch between software and hardware mode to get the cutscenes.
There is a gamefix to do it automatically. But future version will work better.
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Discussin...ect-rating
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]