Performance Final Fantasy X and XII on Macbook Pro 13"
Hello!
this is my first post on this forum. Please sorry for my bad english (I'm Italian)Smile

I'm going to buy a new baseline Macbook pro 2011 13 inches, with sandy Bridge i5 and integrated Intel videocard (Intel Hd 3000).

I am interested in playing Final Fantasy X and FFXII, but I am worried that the integrated videocard is not good enough (in performance and driver support) to play the game fine (at always 50 fps for PAL version)Unsure

Someone owns this Macbook and could tell me the performances he have?

Another question, is the cpu good enough to handle the emulator fine?

Thanks!Tongue

Sponsored links

(04-05-2011, 05:53 PM)Ste45988 Wrote: Hello!
this is my first post on this forum. Please sorry for my bad english (I'm Italian)Smile

I'm going to buy a new baseline Macbook pro 2011 13 inches, with sandy Bridge i5 and integrated Intel videocard (Intel Hd 3000).

I am interested in playing Final Fantasy X and FFXII, but I am worried that the integrated videocard is not good enough (in performance and driver support) to play the game fine (at always 50 fps for PAL version)Unsure

Someone owns this Macbook and could tell me the performances he have?

Another question, is the cpu good enough to handle the emulator fine?

Thanks!Tongue

It is supposed to be 59,94 FPS for normal speed.
As for the i5 cpu, it should be good enough, I am using one myself, BUT it depends on the power of each of the cores. I dont know about your videocard, give me more details on it.
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"
http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Gr...948.0.html

This is a review of the videocard, in performance is equal to nvidia 310 and ati 5450 (it's a low-end chip). I don't now if it's well supported by pcsx2, but I know the emulator is more CPU-dependant so I really dont't know how a 2011 macbook can perform with that.
(04-05-2011, 09:29 PM)Ste45988 Wrote: http://www.notebookcheck.net/Intel-HD-Gr...948.0.html

This is a review of the videocard, in performance is equal to nvidia 310 and ati 5450 (it's a low-end chip). I don't now if it's well supported by pcsx2, but I know the emulator is more CPU-dependant so I really dont't know how a 2011 macbook can perform with that.

It should be able to run most games
No guarantee, as I really dont know
No one owns a 13" Macbook Pro 2011?
i5 should be ok, but I'm not sure about the gpu, older macbooks don't even launch video plugin
(04-08-2011, 03:43 PM)zedr0n Wrote: i5 should be ok, but I'm not sure about the gpu, older macbooks don't even launch video plugin

They dont?
THis was new to me.
Yeah, white screen on launch and crash is the normal sign of it
(04-11-2011, 02:36 PM)zedr0n Wrote: Yeah, white screen on launch and crash is the normal sign of it

Thanks for the enlightment
the intel is a bit shaky of a card. it has higher capabilities but it is crap compared to when they put NVIDIA chips in. Expect it to run most things since my 2010 13" mbp does but your card could get hot n start pooping out. plus the fine people at intel dont know a whole lot about making a video card. compared to nvidia and radeon cards and it might lack in texturing and multitasking.