Performance Issues Back into the Game
Hello, I'm Aquillis!

I'm currently doing a documentary/rant/review about LOS in general, and I'm using PCSX2 version 1.6.0 to record it using OBS. However, I keep running into a particular nasty slowdown issue that causes the game itself to slow down completely when there is empty space onscreen, and I have tried multiple different times without resorting to the Bob interacing (as that causes jitteriness that I cannot dispel from the footage). I really want to avoid using the Bob interlacing, as footage does not come out as nicely as it should come out. What specifics would I need to prevent slowdown from happening, yet also get the best footage possible?

I currently use an MSi GL62m 7RDX with an intel core processor i7, Have a DDR4 Ram and use a Nivida Graphics card.

Sponsored links

Quote:I currently use an MSi GL62m 7RDX with an intel core processor i7, Have a DDR4 Ram and use a Nivida Graphics card.
the most important components of your rig are CPU and GPU.
funnily enough, those are the ones you didn't give details about Smile
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(06-03-2021, 06:27 AM)jesalvein Wrote: the most important components of your rig are CPU and GPU.
funnily enough, those are the ones you didn't give details about Smile

Ah, sorry. I'm still a bit new to this...

Hold on, I'll get that out right now...

Erm, I use a Intel® HD Graphics 360, and NVIDA GeForce GTX 1050. CPU is at 2.80 GHz. Can't be sure if I just stated GPU...
what specific cpu model ?
and what game ar you trying, btw ?
(06-03-2021, 06:55 AM)jesalvein Wrote: what specific cpu model ?
and what game ar you trying, btw ?

First question: Intel® Core™ i7-7700HQ CPU @2.80GHz.

The second question: It's Legend of Spyro: The Eternal Night.

Sorry for not being as forthcoming as I should be.
ok.
make sure you aren't running on batteries, set windows power plan to performance mode, and make sure you run the emulator on your GTX 1050, not on your discrete GPU.
Oh, and have a look at your nvidia control panel, and make sure whisper mode isn't enabled either

Please post the contents of the emulog.txt file after the problem occurs. The file can be found in "My Documents\PCSX2\logs" for the installer version or in "PCSX2\logs" for the portable/binary version.

Please make sure to enclose your emulog in code tags like so (remove the empty space on the closing code tag!):
[code]
Pasted emulog goes here
[ /code]
Alright, I'll try those out in the morning. Thank you!