Performance Issues with Ridge Racer V
Yes the very first GP race Park town ,
i face severe slowdown from current position to the other mark on map While Running On full 60 FPS.
http://www.freeimagehosting.net/sliac

Sponsored links

Well guys, I have just done something I haven't done in many years....I actually broke out and dusted off my real portable PS2 machine and popped in all my Ridge Racer games. I started with RR4 Type 4, then Ridge Racer Hi-Res 60fps Bonus disc, then finally Ridge Racer 5...then I proceeded to play them with a controller I've owned for years but hardly EVER used!

[Image: jogcon.jpg]

The infamous Namco NoGcon!

This bold move was inspired by a comment Vas Cabb made over at the MESS forums

Quote:JogCon isn't rumble - it's actually a motor-driven wheel. You can spin it infinitely in both directions, and it can be commanded to apply torque feedback in either direction.

100% CONFIRMED!! This little wheel on the JoGcon is a thing of wonders!!! It actually behaves almost EXACTLY like a real arcade cabinet ffb wheel when playing Jogcon support Ridge Racer games! RRV and R4 HiRes Bonus disc gives a nice jolt and torque effect(similar to Scud Race oddly enough) to the Jogcon when turning and drifting, it feels totally GNARLY!!!!!!!

The only thing I notice it's missing is any kind of rumble effect, particularly when there's supposed to be, such as car to wall, car to rail, or car to car collisions. Vas Crabb...do you suspect this is more to do with the JoGcon's wheel containing only a small motor that's designed to deliver torque type forces in either direction, or do you think it's a result of Namco's console RR games not delivering that type of rumble effect at all, when the JoGcon is detected as the controller?

Reason I ask, is because when using a dualshock controller, the game delivers vibration and proper rumble during jumps and collisions, and I don't feel that in the JoGcon, so I'd like to get your opinion on it.

Anyway, all this does is further break my heart, knowing that the Lilypad plugin is out there, waiting to be modified and tweaked to add emulated JoGcon controller compatibility, yet no one has tackled it yet Sad :hissy: :cry: Sad Hopefully this changes one day, as I can just imagine how [size=10pt]ABSURDLY BITCHIN'[/size] it will be to have the ability to use our PC force feedback wheels in a game like Ridge Racer Type 4, Ridge Racer Hi-Spec Bonus disc, and Ridge Racer V.

Thread on LilyPad:

http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-LilyPad-0-10-0

Let us pray someone tackles LilyPad and digs into its source code one day. Sad
Lilypad isn't actively developed right now as the author moved on to other stuff.
You can help the process though by searching for other open source NegCon implementations.
(04-26-2013, 07:50 AM)rama Wrote: Lilypad isn't actively developed right now as the author moved on to other stuff.
You can help the process though by searching for other open source NegCon implementations.

Hello rama and thank you for taking the time to reply. You guys are doing a fantastic job. I'm glad you mentioned this rama, because there *IS* in fact, an open source plugin that supports NeGcon(but not JoGcon) called *Padneco*. It actually shows up in the PCSX2 plugin list but causes the emu to crash upon start. If you guys could add compatibility for this plugin, then maybe someone could see about adding JoGcon support to it Smile
In software mode, I'm rocking an AMD FX-8350 8-core processor at 4.0 GHz, using AVX version of GSdx bundled with PCSX 1.2.1, OpenGL software and 7 rendering threads, and it doesn't remain at 59fps, slowing down at many parts of the game down to 35 fps. Bummer!
please open your own thread for support.
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
I do not want to sound rude here, but the desktop was a dinosaur. The specs are near dial up speeds, and now you are using a laptop witch is normal worse to game with.

Out of personal experience in the past, you need at least a decent updated computer. You can mix, match, change, and play with all the plugins in the world, and a lot of these guys can tell you tricks to maximize your potential, but the bottom line from what my eyes see, your computer just isn't strong enough to run that game at 60 fps 99% of the time.

Also just from the looks of it, that laptop has better specs than that desktop lol. Your clock speed numbers might be higher on the desktop but the actual speed will be faster on the laptop because its a newer processor. A 2.0 Ghz processor from 2000 will be 10x slower than a 2.0 Ghz processor from 2015 even though they are both 2.0 ghz.

I am by no means an expert with this stuff, but if you are serious about emulating, I would suggest getting some better hardware, and I know that is not always as easy as it sounds.

Best of luck man,
0Z
You realize that wasn't the OP that last posted right?
[Image: gmYzFII.png]
[Image: dvedn3-5.png]
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go