Performance Recording + Facecam
(09-07-2013, 05:12 PM)VaderPlaysGames Wrote: Its not one day on another it was like 2 weeks in between, no settings have changed, no viruses, or "system changes", only free space on both disks has changed (less) because that is not the only thing I am recording.

(09-07-2013, 10:51 PM)Koji Wrote: Being a streamer myself, I can tell you your problem is you're asking too much of your CPU. Your best bet would be lessen the stress via your streaming software. Set the encoder settings to the fastest available. This will lower the quality of the stream a bit, but it should restore the smoothness of the stream.

Considering that he says that initially he could play and record without issues, but when the HDD free space got lower he started suffering from performance problems without anything else changed on his system or settings, I'm guessing CPU bottleneck isn't his issue.

Sponsored links

(09-07-2013, 10:51 PM)Koji Wrote: This is wrong. The only difference between the two would be in software mode. Software mode will be slightly better on AVX, in hardware mode there will be no difference between the two.

Being a streamer myself, I can tell you your problem is you're asking too much of your CPU. Your best bet would be lessen the stress via your streaming software. Set the encoder settings to the fastest available. This will lower the quality of the stream a bit, but it should restore the smoothness of the stream.

Blink i guss i was totally wrong. By the way thanks koji and corrnio to correct me :-P .
Core i3 9100f 3.6Ghz
RAM=8GB
nvidia GT 1030
pcsx2 version-1.3.1  
(09-07-2013, 11:31 PM)VaderPlaysGames Wrote: Mh... It's just funny that the emulator needs so mush performance, while for instance Saints Row 4 with all the "ultra" settings + recording with fraps uncompressed + record with facecam does not need so much power as the emulator (my cpu is maybe at 70% while playing saints row and recording)

No PC game needs as much power as PS2 emulation. The two are entirely different beasts and cannot be compared by quality.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

(09-07-2013, 11:37 PM)avih Wrote: Considering that he says that initially he could play and record without issues, but when the HDD free space got lower he started suffering from performance problems without anything else changed on his system or settings, I'm guessing CPU bottleneck isn't his issue.

Consider me wary... we get a lot of people who "have had no problems" with CPU speed being the issue in the past and either weren't as perceptive the first time, or haven't touched PCSX2 in months and just plain remembered wrong.

Unless he's recording in uncompressed (or very low compression) while streaming, HDD space should not be an issue. Xsplit (for example) will generally use 2500-3500kb/s for upload for 720p video. Even 1080p will be pushing maybe 10000kb/s. No hard drive made in the last 20 years is going to go into spasms over less than 10MB/s.

So unless he's got a secondary recording going on the same time that's capturing highbit rate at the same time he's recording stream quality, HDD is definitely not the issue here. And if he is, I'd still say CPU is most likely the issue since he'd be recording 2 separate streams while trying to play PCSX2.
[Image: 2748844.png]