Performance comparision issues
First of all, I know I'm not using the recommended specifications you mention, but this laptop is all I have and I'm not able to use the PC, since I'm always travelling around.

I tried a couple of days ago playing Tales of the Abyss. I tried pretty much everything you can imagine to make it work, I lurked around to see if anyone else had the same issues. And it didn't work...
I have a Toshiba Satellite A300. It has an Intel Core Duo CPU (2,5ghz), which is enough to use PCSX2. My graphics card is terrible and I know it (Radeon HD 3470). I was kinda hoping it would work somehow... But it didn't. It started just great and suddenly, all the fps would drop to about half of the regular 60 fps. It just wouldn't stabilize.

Well, just to have a laugh, I tried playing on my mom's laptop. A poor Pentium dual-core with 2,00ghz with a NVIDIA GeForce 315M (I know, the graphic card is so much better than mine). And it worked... The fps would stabilize around 60 fps without needing any special setting, with wonderful resolution. And it depressed me... I always thought my laptop was better =/

What is bugging me is that my laptop is able to play PCSX2 without any issues for about a minute or more and then the fps drop quite a bit, making it impossible to play, which makes me think there's something else. The other laptop isn't like mine and it's able to stabilize. Maybe I'm not setting it up properly? Maybe there's something that isn't allowing the program to keep the same frame rate?
Can you help me, please? ._.

Sponsored links

What are the EE and GS values when the fps drops ? Normally, the specific case would arise when, there is a highly demanding scene which your processor couldn't handle effectively.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction
High performance plan?
Moe: [to Homer] And I'm pulling your favorite song out of the jukebox.
Homer: "It's Raining Men"?!
Moe: Yeah, not no more, it ain't. [throws the record out the window which lands into Smithers' car]
Smithers: Ow! [looks at the record] Ohhh.

what would ;e; do
(04-03-2015, 08:20 PM)Shibiusa Wrote: What is bugging me is that my laptop is able to play PCSX2 without any issues for about a minute or more and then the fps drop quite a bit

Perhaps overheating? Check out your temperatures during slowdowns
That laptop supposedly has Intel Pentium T2390, which has an STP of 639.

I'm shocked you even reached 60 FPS for a moment at all. Not much you can do about it, you need a better laptop.
AMD Ryzen 5 3600 @ 3.60~4.20 GHz | Corsair Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2x16GB) DDR4-3200
MSI GeForce GTX 1660 Super @ 6 GB | Samsung 980 1TB | Windows 10 Pro x64 (22H2)
(04-03-2015, 08:25 PM)ssakash Wrote: What are the EE and GS values when the fps drops ? Normally, the specific case would arise when, there is a highly demanding scene which your processor couldn't handle effectively.
It usually goes up to ~67% EE and ~9% GS. How should they usually be? Are there any reference values?

(04-03-2015, 09:29 PM)Marge Simpson Wrote: High performance plan?
Tried it, but it didn't change a thing... =/

(04-03-2015, 09:42 PM)Rassane Wrote: Perhaps overheating? Check out your temperatures during slowdowns
Hum... I'll check that, thank you. Perhaps it may need some cleaning (even though I did one a couple of months ago Tongue).

(04-04-2015, 12:26 AM)Ryudo Wrote: That laptop supposedly has Intel Pentium T2390, which has an STP of 639.

I'm shocked you even reached 60 FPS for a moment at all. Not much you can do about it, you need a better laptop.
No, the one that has a Pentium is my mom's laptop and the one that manages to run the game with no issues (surprisingly). My laptop is an A300-1CO and it has a Intel Core2 Duo Tongue (my laptop was even able to reach 170 fps when I turned up the turbo xD)
(04-04-2015, 12:51 AM)Shibiusa Wrote: No, the one that has a Pentium is my mom's laptop and the one that manages to run the game with no issues (surprisingly). My laptop is an A300-1CO and it has a Intel Core2 Duo Tongue (my laptop was even able to reach 170 fps when I turned up the turbo xD)

Newer pentiums can be faster than core 2 duos.
For example, a G3258(one of the newest pentiums) is probably aroudn 50% faster than a core 2 duo at the same clock speed.
Just in case, check your cpu temperature with core temp. Specifically at the area where the slowdown occurs.
We're supposed to be working as a team, if we aren't helping and suggesting things to each other, we aren't working as a team.
- Refraction