Performance loss over the years
(04-17-2021, 05:11 AM)Glyphoid Globular Wrote: Hello,
Well, today was the day. After going to 1.4, (it almost did the job), i went back once again to 0.98, and... it Worked!! i mean really worked!, near perfect emulation!. I am so happy, it is silly, but man i was  long time trying  :`)

i think the key was using direct x 9 hardware, the ss4 gs plugin, no speed hacks but multicore hack  enabled (i guess this were the elements that made all work). Before that i was getting there but with flaws. After this, all worked well.

Well , we mac users with mid 2012 macbook, can still do it lol.

Thank you for your answers anyway, and for the disposition to help.

well, i to specify, this worked with only 2 games (ffxii, macross), the others worked but kinda slow (silent hill 2,3, okami). Anyway i just play those , but the performance really improved. But i cant reach the previous level.I will keep trying, just for the lolz. I am trying to do it in the mac partition (high sierra), but i dont know if the mac install is worth it.

Sponsored links

PCSX2 is absolutely an anomaly. The only emulator I've ever seen to actually decrease performance with every subsequent version. I could play 1.4.0, 1080p 60fps no problem. 1.6.0 is totally unplayable. 1.7, with the removal of plugins, has also lost compatibility with some games that needed USB extensions.

"It's evolving, just backwards."
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go