Performance question
i think SSSE3 get a minimal increase on all games somethink like 5fps, SSE4.1 is all about some games that do extra thing than normal games, so probably the increase won't be much unless Phenom II is slower clock for clock ( at the same speed) against C2Q and its one of those rare games.
C2D E6550 @ 2333 Mhz oc 3010 Mhz vcore 1.2750v | HD2600XT | P5KC | 1 + 1 GB G.Skill 6400HK 860 4.4.3.5

Sponsored links

Thank you both of you for your answers. I really like the idea that I don't have to buy a new mobo till 2011, I heard it yep. I never really been a fan of AMD untill now (they finally managed to actually compete a bit with Intel with the Phenom II).

I am not really interested in playing Grand Turismo 4 on PCSX2, I'm more looking to try these games:

- Kingdom Hearts
- Kingdom Hearts 2
- Tales of The Abyss
- Tales of Symphonia
- God of War (maybe)
- God of War II (maybe)
- Dragonball Z: Budokai
- Grand Theft Auto: Vice City Stories
- Grand Theft Auto: Liberty City Stories (maybe)

Can I archieve fullspeed on those games or almost full speed with small slowdowns when I have the Phenom II 955 on stock? And what about it when I overclock it?
...I think It's said many times on forum, what are the most demanding games, GT4 is one of them as far I know, on my old rig I could play many PS2 games with minimal slowdowns, but GT4 I never got over 50% of speed (I had AMD Athlon 64 6400+), now on stock is aroun 75% & when oc'ed to 3.8GHz It goes around 95%, now, many ppl on forum tried some of this games that you wanna play, so they can say something about all this! Phenom II vs Q9550, I think Intel is in a little advantage for OC'ing, but on stock speeds they are almost even... But there is nice option on Phenom II BE CPU's that it's unlocked, so, all you have to do, is to set mp in BIOS form 16x to 18x & you have it on 3.6GHz, after this, you just give on NB on MoBo 100MHz more & you're free to go with Phenom II even to 3.8-4.0GHz on air o.O, but you must have realy good case & cooling for that xD

So that's basicly all you have to know...

Cheers...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X
(09-03-2009, 08:17 PM)rex1825 Wrote: ...I think It's said many times on forum, what are the most demanding games, GT4 is one of them as far I know, on my old rig I could play many PS2 games with minimal slowdowns, but GT4 I never got over 50% of speed (I had AMD Athlon 64 6400+), now on stock is aroun 75% & when oc'ed to 3.8GHz It goes around 95%, now, many ppl on forum tried some of this games that you wanna play, so they can say something about all this! Phenom II vs Q9550, I think Intel is in a little advantage for OC'ing, but on stock speeds they are almost even... But there is nice option on Phenom II BE CPU's that it's unlocked, so, all you have to do, is to set mp in BIOS form 16x to 18x & you have it on 3.6GHz, after this, you just give on NB on MoBo 100MHz more & you're free to go with Phenom II even to 3.8-4.0GHz on air o.O, but you must have realy good case & cooling for that xD

So that's basicly all you have to know...

Cheers...

Thank you. What games have you played full speed?
...only GT4 when OC'ed CPU to 3.8+GHz, on 3.2GHz it runs avarge 75% as I said before...

Cheers...
AMD FX-8350
4x 4GB DDR3 2400MHz
AMD Radeon R9 Fury X