Periodic FPS drops
Im playing Dark Cloud 2. Lagging of sound occurs through out the game, cutscenes and gameplay. The first day i play i had no problems but now after one night i get these frame drops every 5 minutes or so. Are my setting wrong?

during the lag:

EE: 100%
GS: caps at 50%

Specs:
Processor: Intel Core i7
Memory: 8 gigs RAM
DirectX version 11
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M

PCSX2 Emulator Settings:
- Everything default ecept:
-Speedhacks EE cyclerate and VU stealing both sliders at 3

Video Settings:
Adapter: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 560M
Renderer: Direct3D11 (hardware)
Interlacing: (none)
Resolution: Native
Texture Filtering (Enabled)
Allow 8-bit Textures (Enabled)

Sponsored links

(08-17-2015, 01:19 AM)pinoyaida Wrote: -Speedhacks EE cyclerate and VU stealing both sliders at 3

That will more than likely have a negative impact on your gameplay, it's best to be conservative as possible with these sliders.

Have you tried using the MTVU speedhack to see if that helps? I can't remember how it responds with this game.
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Yes ive tried all the combinations of the sliders and checked MTVU. All seems to solve the issure for several seconds before my FPS drops to 30 again
hmm, can you download coretemp and watch your temperatures at the time the FPS drops happen? As you are on a laptop it could potentially be overheating protection.

(08-17-2015, 01:48 AM)refraction Wrote: hmm, can you download coretemp and watch your temperatures at the time the FPS drops happen? As you are on a laptop it could potentially be overheating protection.

MMm yes my Cores temperature range from high 70s to Low 90s during lag.
What else do you got for me?
Your issue is thermal throttling. That is very hot.
Clean out your fan/heatsink, use the laptop on a hard surface, possibly think about getting a laptop fan thing that goes underneath, beyond that there's nothing you can do.

(08-17-2015, 10:32 AM)refraction Wrote: Clean out your fan/heatsink, use the laptop on a hard surface, possibly think about getting a laptop fan thing that goes underneath, beyond that there's nothing you can do.

Yah this thing is working on 5 years. I just formatted it and air blasted the heat sink. Time to save up! Smile thanks for the help you two.
(08-17-2015, 10:32 AM)refraction Wrote: Clean out your fan/heatsink, use the laptop on a hard surface, possibly think about getting a laptop fan thing that goes underneath, beyond that there's nothing you can do.

laptop fan thing
Very technical, are we?

(08-17-2015, 03:04 PM)pinoyaida Wrote: Yah this thing is working on 5 years. I just formatted it and air blasted the heat sink. Time to save up! Smile thanks for the help you two.

You could try replacing the thermal paste, replaced the weird stock stuff with MX-4 on a friend's laptop and it dropped by ~15°c
(08-17-2015, 05:08 PM)Rassane Wrote: laptop fan thing
Very technical, are we?

I like to confuse people with technobabble