Persona 3 Black Screen Issue
I'm having a pretty bizarre problem with Persona 3 FES. I am on the MacBook Pro 13 with an Intel HD Graphics 3000 Processor and 4 GB RAM. My PCSX2 settings are all default except sound being turned on and bilinear interlacing off. When I run Persona 3 FES, the introductory cutscenes, which are done in an anime style and do not involve 3d rendering, display perfectly. I am able to type my name into a flat menu. Then, once the animated cutscenes end and I enter the cutscenes in the game engine, only the textboxes display. Everything else on the screen is black,except for the (flat, 2d) emoticons which occasionally display over characters' heads. All sound is intact. I found, due to the emoticon tooltips that appear near interactive objects, that I could move my character and interact with objects. Seems like 3d stuff doesn't appear? I'm sorry if this is a really dumb question... My graphics plugin is ZZ Ogl 0.21.213 if that helps, and I turned on the fix for Persona games in the game fixes section.

Sponsored links

Snow Leopard version or Leopard version? If it's SL have you tried with zzoglPG 1.0?
(06-07-2011, 02:18 PM)zedr0n Wrote: Snow Leopard version or Leopard version? If it's SL have you tried with zzoglPG 1.0?

Thanks for replying Smile. Snow leopard. I have tried that and it didn't help, also noticed that at the end of the X11 console the following is written:
DVCI: File cache was not hit. "\DATA.CVM;1"
DVCI: File cache was not hit. "\BGM.CVM;1"
DVCI: File cache was not hit. "\BTL.CVM;1"

e: apparently the DVCI messages are for debugging and don't matter. Still having the black screen issue, also if it helps loading screens which are blue in the original game display as white in the emulator
hm, it does sound strange. Normally, it either works or doesn't at all Smile
I'm suspecting it might have smth to do with the intel hd gpu but I can't confirm
(06-10-2011, 11:49 AM)zedr0n Wrote: hm, it does sound strange. Normally, it either works or doesn't at all Smile
I'm suspecting it might have smth to do with the intel hd gpu but I can't confirm

Oh well. Thanks for the replies guess I'll wait for 0.9.7 Smile
Hi, I have exactly the same problem. I am using a MacBook Pro with a version 10.6.8 of OS X with a 2,3 GHz Intel Core i5, 4 GB 1333 Mhz DDR3. My SL is zzoglPG 1.0.

Please help. Sad
Here's a screenshot of the problem I've been encountering:

[Image: FES.jpg]

I have a Intel HD Graphics 3000 processor. My computer is a MacBook pro i5 which was released in January 2011.

I'm currently using all the latest packages downloaded from this site -> the PCSX2/mac Snow Leopard version, OnePad 1.1.0 and ZZOgl-pg 0.1.0. I removed the bilinear filtering and enabled sounds. Everything else is working fine. My fps is 60 and the sound does not lag at all.

I really don't know what I'm doing wrong. Please help. Sad
Same problem here...I've been trying to fliping on random fixes and see if I can get the game to cooperate but no luck the worst that happened to me is no video not even the animated scenes appear
same here. How did you guys cure the drop in FPS though? AAAH I really want to play Persona 3 FES and Persona 4, but this issue plagues them both...
(11-16-2012, 06:21 AM)lochedbean Wrote: same here. How did you guys cure the drop in FPS though? AAAH I really want to play Persona 3 FES and Persona 4, but this issue plagues them both...
And what is your system compromised off?
"Eventually you too will hear it, The Last Melody"