Persona 3 FES
Hi!

This is going to be a really dumb post lol. 

So it has been almost a year I have used pcsx2. I have reinstalled my os and downloaded the latest git. I immediately noticed the gui changed. I like this new design btwTongue gj

My question is regarding the video backends. There are quite a few new options. Especially in the opengl backend.

Which one should I use for p3? did the ogl become more compatible/ faster? Which one do you guys recommend. + are there any specific settings I should use? 
I know it now has tooltips for stuff, which is greatTongue ! but I am still unsure. I guess I just want your opinions.

On a sidenote, I would like to use a widescreen hack for the game (undub patched NTSC), but I cannot find a working one.

Help pls

Sponsored links

P3 is fine in DX11. There are new features in OGL HW but P3 doesn't need any of them.

Good settings for P3:
Resolution: Your choice
FXAA: on (PCSX2 FXAA is good and MSAA breaks P3)
Texture filtering: Half (Or the one that says "PS2 Like") (full texture filtering breaks portraits)
Anisotropic filtering: 16x
HW hacks: Alpha stencil (fixes shadow problems in battle)

All other stuff can be default.

EDIT: For WS hack, just change the normal WS hack patch name to match the CRC of your undub
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
AlrightTongue I figured out the ws patch by now. For the texture filtering did you mean the middle option? Bilinear (Forced)? Its so confusing it just used to be a tickbox -.-

EDIT: NVM im dumb and tired^^ I found it

Thanks Blyss!!
I am experiencing pretty severe input lag. Any ideas why this is happening? I do not remember anything of the sort my last playthrough of p3.
Could it be some setting I am missing?
Gamespeed is normal or is everything slowed down?
I didn't have any input lag with P3 when I played it in PCSX2. I assume you aren't using any speedhacks etc?
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
Like EE or\and VU Skipping
Are you playing from image or the disk?
sorry for the late answer. Im using the default settings except for the ones blyss mentioned. I get constant fullspeed. So thats not an issue. I tried disabling all the speedhacks and it might have helped a little, but not much. The issue is much less prominent when using software mode.

EDIT: Maybe it always has been this way on pcsx2. I just did not remember it. I played p3 on my ps2 last week and it feels much less responsive on pc.
Well as I said I didn't notice anything like that. What type controller are you using?
ds2 with a dongle (Dinput)