Persona 3 FES Configuration Help
About the only other thing I can think of that may help the speed since you're using an ATi card (opening poster) is to try an older GSDx, specifically 1398 or earlier... after that version ATi cards can sometimes take a pretty big hit. I didn't check in P3, but I recently found in P4 it can make a huge difference in certain situations.

Sponsored links

@marche1990:
No, I don't have it in power saving mode but the CPU hardly climbs to a full load anyway, and I can play Persona 4 just fine, even during the town scenes there is only a couple FPS drops, however FES slows down like crazy at every oppurtunity, which is weirder.

@Koji:
Well, instead of that, I ended up getting the latest SVN versions of both pcsx2 and GSDx, and turned on most of the speedhacks. Works just fine, with the exception of the conference room and the classroom scenes (when everyone is in their seats, walking around is fine). I suppose it was a bug in one of the betas. I'm sure these have bugs too, but it's not like I have a lot of time to play to notice them. Smile

Thanks for everyone's suggestions in this thread.
(08-16-2009, 06:07 PM)nameroc Wrote: Hi,

I'm having trouble playing Persona 3 FES using the latest beta, and could use some help configuring PCSX2, since it's been a while since I used it (last one I remember using was 0.9.4).

My computer specs are:
Intel Quad Q9650 running at 3.0 GHz
3070 MB ram (4 GB physical, but the OS is Vista 32-Bit, so...)
Radeon HD 4870 X2

My PCSX2 settings are attached below. The unshown configs are at their defaults. There is incredible stutter with frame skip, so I just opted to play slowly instead of using the frame skipper. I get 35-45 FPS whenver more than 5 characters are drawn on the screen, and sometimes randomly.

I'd be glad for any assistance you can provide,

nameroc

Try this:
Config
Video (GS)
Plugin Settings
Renderer = Software ver. (default is hardware)

Everything was running fine until I hit the level 14 boss battle. All of a sudden 60 fps went to like 20-25 fps...
This also help somewhat in the dot hack GU games.
My Tip: Speed Hacks hardware hacks don't help with any of the games I have played. I would advise not bothering to use them.
Most graphic issues I have seem to be resolved by altering the plug in settings either by adjusting the resolution (resetting to native res or shrinking the res), switching from software to hardware on the renderer and/or enable constant skipping 1 draw 2 skip(not recommended for some FMV ex. ff12)
stop necroing, please.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go