Persona 3 FES Ground Bug
So I got the latest beta and beta plugins, and I turned on the gamefix for Persona (VU Clip Hack), which is supposed to fix the ground textures, but I'm unclear as to what it fixed. I don't get the random flashing on ground textures anymore (yay!), but I still get missing/z-fighting on some ground/wall textures.

Screenshot enclosed. Is there a way to fix this currently without using DX10 (I'm running XP)?

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

(04-16-2009, 09:50 PM)illuminerdi Wrote: So I got the latest beta and beta plugins, and I turned on the gamefix for Persona (VU Clip Hack), which is supposed to fix the ground textures, but I'm unclear as to what it fixed. I don't get the random flashing on ground textures anymore (yay!), but I still get missing/z-fighting on some ground/wall textures.

Screenshot enclosed. Is there a way to fix this currently without using DX10 (I'm running XP)?

Most likely not, it's a GSDX problem as it seems?
Nope only directx 10 seems to fizx those weird clipping bugs. I thing ZZOGL might fix them as well but if I remember right the shadow bugs are still there though.
Persona 3 bug with gamefixes -- it's for missing floor polygones. And this z-fighing bug is unavoidable, pcsx2 could not made 100% exact calculations as PS2 do. There is one of this miscalculated (square root, as I recall, but I don't remember properly) issues, which should be ignored, if you can.
(04-16-2009, 10:56 PM)Zeydlitz Wrote: Persona 3 bug with gamefixes -- it's for missing floor polygones. And this z-fighing bug is unavoidable, pcsx2 could not made 100% exact calculations as PS2 do. There is one of this miscalculated (square root, as I recall, but I don't remember properly) issues, which should be ignored, if you can.

I know the bug is fixable, as some other graphics plugins don't exhibit it (though they have separate issues - FPS, other bugs cropping up, etc), I guess the better question is whether fixing it would be the purview of the PCSX team or plugin authors - assuming either considered this a bug worth fixing.

I'm trying to ignore it, sure, but it would be nice to have it fixed. I understand if it can't/won't happen though - I'm sure you guys have more pressing issues to deal with.

Otherwise the emu is running great - I'm really excited about the progress its made recently and fast it runs now compared to even 6 months ago. Thanks for all the hard work!