Persona 3 FES Optimizing
Recently, I've started playing this great game in PCSX2 0.9.6 Playground (some beta I can't remember). It had some graphical glitches and some slowdowns, but it was playable.

Yesterday, I downloaded PCSX2 0.9.7 3113 SVN and the graphical glitches were gone! I was really glad. But I got some bigger slowdowns (when there were like, 4/5 characters onscreen) and most problematic, in dungeons. I don't know if it is because I just started using a 4th character (just got Akihiko and got to 2nd Block, or something like that) or if it is because of the floor. The other one was slightly faster, but the graphical glitches were a pain in the ass. So I'd like to know how can I optimize the game on 3113 SVN, as I have no clue what I should leave on or off.

My specs are:

CPU: Intel ® Core TM2 CPU 6400 2.13GHz

And my settings for the emu are:

Graphics: GSdx 3068 (MSVC 15.00, SSSE3 0.1.16
Sound: SPU2-X r3117 1.4.0 [SPU2-X]
CD/DVD: Linuz Iso CDVD 0.9.0

MY enabled speedhacks are:

EE Cyclerate - 2
VU Cycle Stealing - 1
Enable INTC Spin Detection
Enable Wait Loop Detection
IOP x2 cycle rate hack
mVU Flag Hack

And I have that special fix for Persona games on.

I thank any help anyone could give me, as I'm not patient enough to complete an entire dungeon with 35-40 FPS Laugh

Thanks in advance, once again.

EDIT: To answer Enigmatik, I found it simpler to post a screenshot of the graphics plugin settings.

[Image: novaimagemtp.png]

Sponsored links

Are you using native graphics?
bump Some help, please?
Yes he obviously meant DO use native.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
Intel does have a strange nomenclature, but the raw clock already point it as a fierce bottleneck candidate, you did not tell the GPU at all. I'll assume the worst scenery, onboard GPUs are almost always a no go. Assuming it is enough to give you something above 30FPS with "native" resolution ticked you'll need to go a bit deep on the speed hacks, it's a battle for performance this case, you should give up any eye candy to make the game playable or near that.

Anyway it will always be dependent on the game you try to play, some will run acceptably, others will be not a good experience.
Imagination is where we are truly real
(07-06-2010, 10:19 PM)Bositman Wrote: Yes he obviously meant DO use native.

And I requested help once again because it made my fps go below 35 when it was most of the time at solid 60 with some breakdowns to 50 and in battle it would be 45, changing to 60 when I use a skill.

(07-06-2010, 10:20 PM)nosisab Ken Keleh Wrote: Intel does have a strange nomenclature, but the raw clock already point it as a fierce bottleneck candidate, you did not tell the GPU at all. I'll assume the worst scenery, onboard GPUs are almost always a no go. Assuming it is enough to give you something above 30FPS with "native" resolution ticked you'll need to go a bit deep on the speed hacks, it's a battle for performance this case, you should give up any eye candy to make the game playable or near that.

Anyway it will always be dependent on the game you try to play, some will run acceptably, others will be not a good experience.

It gave me 35 with native resolution, but without it, I had a boost to 60 with slowdowns when there are 5 characters on screen and 45 in battle, yet I had already messed around a little bit with the speedhacks. But I just went and tried some combinations, but I don't know what's the best possible combination.
Set GSdx to this for the best speed you'll get from your onboard video:

unfortunatly Persona 3 in some battles later in game have enemies that are poorly emulated and they slow down the game,
even me on my 3.8ghz phenom II i was getting slowdowns down to 80% speed.
just telling you in advance
Check my profile for hardware/software and games i played on PCSX2.
If it's only in battles, I guess I won't be too troubled, unless they get like 15 fps...