Persona 3 FES Semi-Random Stutter
When I'm playing the game, it suddenly stutters and slows down for a second, then runs normal. This happens frequently, and almost everywhere, but more frequently in Tartarus, especially when entering and exiting battle. Even when I run the game at native resolution, the stuttering happens. What can I do to remedy this?
My Laptop:
Processor Intel® Core™ i5-7300HQ CPU @ 2.50GHz 
Video Card NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti 
Video Card #2 Intel® HD Graphics 630
RAM 8.0 GB 
Operating System Microsoft Windows 10 (build 17134), 64-bit

Sponsored links

I don't use pcsx2 much on my laptop but I have similar behaviour on rpcs3(ps3 emilator)and the only whay I found to fix that was to create a profile for rpcs3 in the nvidia control panel and set the gpu to perefer maximum performance

The problem is that either the driver or windows or something else is lowering the gpu performance the first chance it gets(you are in a place that don't need a lot of power from the gpu)and that decreasing=>increasing=>decreasing of the gpu speed is causing that stutering

The cpu speed also can cause something similar
With me the one fix that I found out is to set your Power plan to High performance while playing high end emulated systems like the PS2 PS3, GC, and Wii which should help with the CPU Speed. That helped me get full speed out of Persona 3 FES with a few slow downs here and there. Im playing at 3x native or close to 1080p. Then when you are done playing set your Power Plan back to balance.