Persona 3:FES Slight Graphical Issues
Sad 
Hello,

I'm currently playing through Persona 3:FES, and while it's running pretty great, there are a few graphical issues that are a bit annoying.

My system:
AMD Phenom X2 555 3.2 GHz
ATI Radeon 4850 512MB
Kingston HyperX Blu 1600 4GB

I have not changed PCSX2 settings from the default, except for using the 1st level of speedhacks(safe/faster), and using DX10 with 2x Native Resolution.

The graphical issues I face are as follows:

1) During battle in Tartarus, character shadows seem to have some details/objects from the character being shadowed. For example, the main character's shadows has another shadow of his necktie overlapping it.

2) The minimap in Tartarus seems to be slightly off, its blocks are clearly segmented and slightly spaced from each other, which should not be the case.

3) This one really doesn't bother me, but I thought I should mention it; When viewing Social Links in the menu, and choosing any character, their shadow which should be behind their portrait is for some reason above them.

Also, I have a question. If I OC my processor to around 3.5-38 GHz, would I be able to ensure 60 FPS all the time, without speedhacks? Right now, the game is very smooth except in certain battles in Tartarus where it drops to the 46-52 FPS range.

Thanks!

Sponsored links

U can use software and all be gone, the problems are minimal glithcs in gdsx(i dont know if gdsx still fail a little with ati cards), u can always test another revision of the plugin(older) or check the new ones and see if the problem is still there.

Edit: OC is always good Tongue. but still maybe u cant get 60fps in all the mid-boss/boss figths
Do older revisions fare better with these glitches?
And as far as I know, to run GSDX in Software mode, I'd need to have a really strong processor. I'm not sure my processor is up to the task.
(07-23-2011, 01:40 AM)Lesiroth Wrote: Do older revisions fare better with these glitches?
And as far as I know, to run GSDX in Software mode, I'd need to have a really strong processor. I'm not sure my processor is up to the task.

some games run "fast" in software, the con is that u cant upscale the image and the game looks like crap, about the revisions, i remember that an old one was "better" for ati cards, but i dont think that the last gdsx have the same problems, the only "problem" that i have in p3fes is the shadow in chars when ur looking at the relation char or whatever is call and the fight agains the frking roulette(have to use native resolution there) Tongue

So i would say, dont bother urself with that glitches, theyre minimal >_>
Yeah, I guess you're right. I just asked here to see if someone else managed to solve them.

It's great in any case that I can run the game much better looking than the original Laugh