Persona 3 FES Slowdown on Certain Enemies
I have the same issue in both Personas. Games run just fine except for these slowdowns during battles with certain enemies. The FPS drops to about 40-45. Changing to Native resolution helps a little but still not fullspeed (50-55 FPS). Moving VU Cycle Stealing slider to maximum makes the bgm flawless but the game itself runs as slow as earlier (though the fps counter shows false 60 FPS)...

Sponsored links

(01-09-2011, 04:17 PM)layzebook Wrote: how about mine i also got 30~40 fps slowdown on some monsters but not only monster also some specific spot/locations too
im using the verly latest pcsx2 beta 0.9.7(r3878)
SSE4 (gsdx9)(hardware)(native)
and i have already tried diff speedhacks "combos"
still nothing change i enable the VU clip hack gamefix (says Persona games and Super VU) others are set to defaults.

My specs:
Intel i3 530 3.5Gghz (overclocked)
ATI HD 4650 1GB DDR2
2GB RAM DDR3
Windows XP SP3

i dont really get it why i got those slowdowns when i have already overclocked my procie.

Try get the EE Cyclerate 1 or 2.
change clamp modes to none, try ee 2 and vu 1(3 is gonna make ur sound choppy and sometimes give u false fps), note that in some mobs ur gonna need to change to native resolution to have full fps(the frking dog in the roulette is one of them and nyx; well nyx can run in 60fps in my machine in 2x-3xupscale Tongue)
Hi

First of all I want to commend you guys for creating this great emulator for ps2.

All games that I've tried worked perfectly fine no slow downs at all except for this game, I havent tried Persona 4 though.
Well the only slow down for me is the 1st boss dungeon battle and those golden hand monsters, and some boss battles, other than that mobs of 4 or 5 doesnt have any significant slow down. Do you have any tips or suggestion on what settings I need to adjust? I'm using the default setting for this emu

Here's my system specs:
Intel Core I5-2500 CPU @ 3.30 GHz / Windows 7x32 / GE Force GT 220 / mem 2gbddr3
(03-04-2012, 12:16 PM)Dabyrick Wrote: GE Force GT 220 / mem 2gbddr3

it's your video card that game can't hold on enough
best to have a gddr5 based video card e.g. 57xx~,67xx~ for ATi or 260~,360~,460~ models for nvidia

Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled buildĀ 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
thanks for the reply Tallbender, thats what I actually thought the first time but Im playing with my emu's settings earlier and was able to fix it

I just want to share what I did to whomever has the same specs as mine I went to config --- video ---- PLUGIN SETTINGS then changed the renderer settings from Direct 3d9 hardware to Direct 3d10 hardware, and it runs smoothly now even boss battles and the gold finger monster.

Is it just the renderer that made it so slow the first time oh and by the way I also changed my plugin to gdsx sse4, and can someone explain to me the reason behind it just curious.

Thanks
SSE4 is faster since it can take advantage of your cpu features (it can compute complex math much faster then a processor without these extensions), this is why pcsx2 is faster with intel processors, most amd processors lacks these instructions or are badly implemented.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/SSE4

(btw with your cpu you might be able to use the Gsdx-AVX plugin)