Persona 3 FES Speed Issue or Glitch?
Everything is 0% in that picture Blink you either have a background process using all your cpu power or you have MTVU on and it isnt supported properly.

can you make that window a bit bigger (so we can see everything in the title bar) and have your task manger on the screen showing the "processes" tab, sorted by CPU (biggest number at the top)
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

Sponsored links

(06-21-2012, 12:26 PM)refraction Wrote: Everything is 0% in that picture Blink you either have a background process using all your cpu power or you have MTVU on and it isnt supported properly.

can you make that window a bit bigger (so we can see everything in the title bar) and have your task manger on the screen showing the "processes" tab, sorted by CPU (biggest number at the top)

Is this image that you asked for?

I have read another thread from last year with an audio issue i had so i switched the audio to Asynce and that i think cleared up that problem, finally.

Also i have now set the Resolution to 256x256 (supposivly the lowest it can go)

And under Emulation Settings i have it Preset to 2 Safe (Faster), just after i set the preset to level 2 the Emulator seems to work remarkably fast... Im kinda astonished.

For the record im using the SVN you suggested to me PCSX2 0.9.9.5277 and i always boot the CDVD Fast.

If you need more screenshots of my settings ill post them, right now ill see how far into Persona 3 i can get Biggrin im gettin' pumped!

Edit: Oh by the way the reason everything was 0% in that pic was because it froze with earlier settings i was trying out before, but ive been tweaking the settings i thought would help ever since so im not sure what configuration i had it on then. One things for sure, its waaay faster now.
Processor: Pentium® Dual Core CPU T4400 @ 2.20 GHZ
Graphics Card: Mobile Intel® 45 Express Chipset Family WDDM 1.1
RAM 3.00 GB
64 Bit Windows 7
Inspiron 1545
So does the game run any faster if you use MTVU or tick the "native" box on gsdx?
[Image: ref-sig-anim.gif]

I think that when i checked the MTVU box the games speed was fairly slower, as for the Native box it just made the game look crisp.
It was running blazingly fast the other day but it likes to lag when there seems to be large enemies or alot of animation going on at once, so far pcsx2 has only crashed once since using this iso. Does your computer screen resolution affect the games at all? I have it on 1366x768 but sometimes i switch it to 800x600.
RAM 3.00 GB
64 Bit Windows 7
Inspiron 1545
Your laptop is dual core, isn't it? MTVU will be slower.
(06-23-2012, 02:40 AM)Ambient_Malice Wrote: Your laptop is dual core, isn't it? MTVU will be slower.

Yeah it's a Dual Core. And i think the native setting actually worked after that post i kept it on and set my computer resolution back to the highest setting and it plays well more than half the time.

When i had the graphics pugin set to 256x256 it was slower somehow, i think its kinda strange. The main and only issue i think im having now is that even though certain parts of the game can run really fast, later the game will lag pretty good for a while in the exact same places... Usually lasts for a while before it decides to speed up.

But so far its all good im getting through the game without any huge issues like i've started out with. I can actually enjoy it now.
RAM 3.00 GB
64 Bit Windows 7
Inspiron 1545
your task mananger's cpu usage is at 100% at it's peak thus that the highest speed you got despite set the graphics reso at 256x256
best to get a new laptop now i?-27??

also the temperatures may already reach at 90C~
Main PC1:i5-4670,HD7770(Active!)
Main PC2:i5-11600K,GTX1660Ti(Active!)
PCSX2 Discord server IGN:smartstrike
PCSX2 version uses:Custom compiled build 1.7.0 64-bit(to be update regularly)
smartstk's YouTube Channel
I don't know about the rest but your graphical issues look like 24-bit Z buffers.
Yeah i definetly need a new pc and my own internet, my laptop is sketchy when it aint online too. Sometimes while running Persona 3 my computer will freeze for a couple minutes, crash, then show a blue screen full of words in white color. But it seems this is as good as it gets for my pc to handle i will look up how to uprade what i can if it will help with performance.

But all issues i think have been resolved... Next step is getting a desktop cause this laptop aint gonna cut it.
Thanks.
RAM 3.00 GB
64 Bit Windows 7
Inspiron 1545