Persona 3 FES Speedup
No the P4 probably only has hyperthreading so 2 threads and only 1 core, in other words crap for PCSX2 Tongue I don't think you'll be able to do much with that processor I'm afraid (the rest of the system is fine)
[Image: newsig.jpg]

Sponsored links

(11-01-2011, 05:36 PM)Bositman Wrote: No the P4 probably only has hyperthreading so 2 threads and only 1 core, in other words crap for PCSX2 Tongue I don't think you'll be able to do much with that processor I'm afraid (the rest of the system is fine)

Thank you for the informative response Bositman Smile

*moan* i was afraid of that. sorry i dont totally understand all this stuff yet (hyperthreading, etc.). provided that this crappy mobo has the 478 slot, i doubt that a CPU upgrade will take me far... or is their an affordable CPU on the market i could get? I cant afford to do a new build but if one more component will take me home on this one, im sure i can scrounge up the cash. It would probably finish up the system nicely anyway.

If not, i just inherited an old Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop (i HATE Dell, btw, but ppl keep giving them to me lol). Probably a long shot, but here are the specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T5450 @ 1.66 GHz
Chipset: Mobile Intel GM965 Express
Video: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 4.0
RAM: 2GB DDR2
O/S: Vista Home Premium

I cant believe this thing is running Vista w/ only 2gigs RAM... maybe its upgradable? Then again, neither the CPU or video seem up to par... Sorry if im wasting your time asking... :$
(11-01-2011, 06:09 PM)strongflower Wrote: Thank you for the informative response Bositman Smile

*moan* i was afraid of that. sorry i dont totally understand all this stuff yet (hyperthreading, etc.). provided that this crappy mobo has the 478 slot, i doubt that a CPU upgrade will take me far... or is their an affordable CPU on the market i could get? I cant afford to do a new build but if one more component will take me home on this one, im sure i can scrounge up the cash. It would probably finish up the system nicely anyway.

If not, i just inherited an old Dell Inspiron 1520 laptop (i HATE Dell, btw, but ppl keep giving them to me lol). Probably a long shot, but here are the specs:

CPU: Intel Core 2 Duo T5450 @ 1.66 GHz
Chipset: Mobile Intel GM965 Express
Video: Intel Graphics Media Accelerator X3100 Dynamic Video Memory Technology 4.0
RAM: 2GB DDR2
O/S: Vista Home Premium

I cant believe this thing is running Vista w/ only 2gigs RAM... maybe its upgradable? Then again, neither the CPU or video seem up to par... Sorry if im wasting your time asking... :$
the cpu is really low for you to play this game..especially if u get to some bosses which use reflecting thingy on their body..
IMHO i'd switch to windows 7 if i was you
and i was using the same graphic as you..
if i toggle speed limiter off i can get around 140 fps in some floor of the dungeons Biggrin
[Image: 871087.png]

*Mio sees a ghost for the first time*
Mio: Aaaaaaah!! x_x
Seriously, the way she acts, you'd think she grew up with ghosts.
(11-01-2011, 08:43 PM)RenShijo-Kun Wrote: the cpu is really low for you to play this game..especially if u get to some bosses which use reflecting thingy on their body..
IMHO i'd switch to windows 7 if i was you
and i was using the same graphic as you..
if i toggle speed limiter off i can get around 140 fps in some floor of the dungeons Biggrin

Yeah looks like the video is only like 128 MB mem-wise... really, its just an all around piece of junk in terms of gaming (despite what the dell website would have us believe...)

So... i guess im looking at a new mobo and cpu for the first.

Thanks anyways.. Sad
My advice is to use the super vu and run the person game fix, it will actually run smoother then the recompiler for some reason. Also get the latest SVN, it supports using 3 core and I've noticed at least a 20-40 fps increase in most games for me now. I got dot hack gu running at 60 now and I can even fast forward it to almost 200fps for the annoying running around. Also if you can, do not use the EE hack, it will actually slow the game down so even if your getting 60 fps, it's not true 60 fps.
Alright, so I know I haven't posted on this thread in a while, but there's been a development.

I brought out an old build that a friend sold me that hadnt been able to power. Id had no real knowledge of hardware until now, so I thought it was a write-off, but now I know it was just a dead PSU!

So with this is mind, I'm going to put together this system:

CPU: Pentium D 3.2GHz (which im pretty sure is a dual-core, no?)
RAM: 4 GB DDR2 (more if i find out this mobo, whatever it is, will support 2GB modules)
Video: Radeon 6770 1GB

Think itll run PS2 emus???
That's not much better, since Pentium D is basically 2 P4 cores slapped together... which is still crap.
I've been trying to use the latest SVN build of PCSX2, enabling only the recommended speed hacks and the MTVU. The only problems I run into is during battle; it drops from 60 to 40-30 mostly during when I'm choosing my attacks and before an All-Out-Attack. It also lags more the more enemies there are and during a floor boss.

Specs:

Processor - Intel Core i7 CPU M620 @ 2.67GHz
RAM - 4.00GB DDR2
Video - ATI Mobility Radeon HD 5450
Your problem is your weak gpu. Try with native res and tick allow8bit texture at gsdx plugin. If you brave enough to try overclock your gpu then try it.
Notebook ASUS A43TA|CPU AMD Llano APU A6-3400m Triple core (1 core disable) OC to 2.6+Ghz|GPU CF|HD 6520 400Mhz/667Mhz iGPU|HD6650M OC 780Mhz/985Mhz dGPU|RAM 8GB DDR3 1333|Windows 7 Ultimate Sp.1 x64 bit.
>> Emulation speed differs for each game. There will be some you can run fast easily, but others will simply require more powerfull hardware <<.
I've actually been able to fix the lag by switching from Direct3D9 Hardware to Direct3D11 Hardware. It fixed a lot of the lag during battle, and only dropping to 50fps during the title screen and All-Out-Attacks. The character CGs were also a bit pixelated, so then I turned on native resolution and that fixed every lag and graphic problem. So I'm alright now, thanks.