Persona 3 FES Speedup
strongflower:
See if that new mainboard supports Core2Duo processors. Google its name + core2.
If it does, you'll have to dish out a couple bucks and get a ~3ghz Core2.
This would run your game fast enough most of the time.
(No, the PentiumD is only marginally better than your old Pentium4, sorry Tongue2)

Sponsored links

(11-16-2011, 09:26 PM)rama Wrote: strongflower:
See if that new mainboard supports Core2Duo processors. Google its name + core2.
If it does, you'll have to dish out a couple bucks and get a ~3ghz Core2.
This would run your game fast enough most of the time.
(No, the PentiumD is only marginally better than your old Pentium4, sorry Tongue2)

Well, I`m pretty sure it`s an Intel D945GTP, which only supports Celeron D, Pentium 4, and Pentium D... sooo I`m going to need a new chip and mobo. Ive been looking at the AMD X4 BE 3.2GHz with the 8MB (i believe) cache... will that be too much muscle for PS2... sorry i cant seem to type in a question mark, just `É` lol

mind you, i live in toronto and there are tons of little computer shops where you can buy little outdated machines theyve refurbed for like 100 bucks... maybe i just need to track down a c2d that way...ÉÉÉ lol

doesn't support the voltages for core 2's.
(11-17-2011, 04:50 AM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: doesn't support the voltages for core 2's.

yeah thats right this chip doesnt use much power somehow... that would explain how its somehow running off the 170W psu i had lying around lol.

but quad core any good for this? or am i going to hunt for a core 2 duo? you hasve no idea how committed i am to playing Persona again lol and itll clearly be an upgrade either way... from crappiest to slightly less crappy technology. Maybe i can have some fun oc'ing it...

alright... so i'm sure you're all sick of me by now, but i've ultimately decided all i can do is make the best of a bad situation. I mean the game RUNS... its just... annoying sometimes... so here's the current hardware config:

CPU: Intel Pentium D @ 3.2Ghz
MoBo: Intel D945GTP
RAM: 4GB DDR at 667Mhz (Windows is only seeing 3.25GB for some reason...)
Video: ATI Radeon Sapphire 6770 @ 1GB
PSU: 500W

...stupid piece of crap. Sad

So i haven't made it into tartarus yet, but in the school when there's too many ppl around its dropping to 35 - 40 fps. 50 during cines and 60 the rest of the time. In terms of configs, I don't think i should have to do much to the video should i? i mean its a decent card...

Assuming im willing to deal with any slowdowns, what do we think would be optimal in terms of emu config? will ocing my cpu help? ive seen that you can get a bit of play using a software approach (BIOS wont allow it), although i havent tried this yet. never oc'ed anything actually. guess im about to learn lol
CPU is a bit low but GPU is very good. Just change the Clamp modes to none and Round modes to nearest. Change the Windows Power Plan to High Performance. Use Speedhacks. Set the VU Recompiler modes to SuperVU Recompiler.

overclocking may help but OCing is dangerous especially with that processor and may lead to have a fried processor. Don't do it Excl.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]
(11-29-2011, 06:50 PM)recoder Wrote: CPU is a bit low but GPU is very good. Just change the Clamp modes to none and Round modes to nearest. Change the Windows Power Plan to High Performance. Use Speedhacks. Set the VU Recompiler modes to SuperVU Recompiler.

overclocking may help but OCing is dangerous especially with that processor and may lead to have a fried processor. Don't do it Excl.

My god do I wish id read this before I just went ahead with it. I incremented my FSB by one to 5/7 with SetFSB and I think i fried the CPU. Overclock.net says hardware damage is next to impossible with SetFSB but its not looking good...

If i get it running ill try that config. thanks for the informative post!
If you choose an unstable option with SetFSB the system freezes.
Resetting it will fix this.
(11-29-2011, 06:50 PM)recoder Wrote: CPU is a bit low but GPU is very good. Just change the Clamp modes to none and Round modes to nearest. Change the Windows Power Plan to High Performance. Use Speedhacks. Set the VU Recompiler modes to SuperVU Recompiler.

Alright so disaster has been averted and I've OCed the Pentium D to 3.55Ghz. I can;t get any more out of it using SetFSB and at this point im not willing to risk any further measures on recoders advice.

Should I bother with the EE Cyclerate or VU Cycle Stealing in Speedhacks? I'm not really sure how they work. Any guesses? Other than that Im going with what youve already posted, recoder. Let's see how she goes!
Last Stable Overclock was upto 3.52 Ghz, Cpu fsb 220 (10% overclocked) (multiplier of 16)
Forgot to mention with a good heatisnk and a cooler.

A Intel -K Processor are good to be overclocked to 5 GHz (4.923 Ghz technically Tongue2) But may need a good heatsink and a good cooler too.

Anyways I don't think the BIOS will let your overclock more. Tongue2

Yes you can try speedhacks.
[Image: recodersignature2.png]