Persona 3 FES: Unplayable fog
Here's a link to my Twitch archive of the glitch that I'm experiencing.

http://www.twitch.tv/djdeathcool/b/482773764

It starts around the 31:00 mark. I've tinkered with just about all the settings turning things off and on and I can't figure out what's doing it. I'm just wondering if this has an easy, well known, fix that my own internet sleuthing is just not able to dig up. Thanks for the help in advance.

Sponsored links

what if you press F9 ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Also it appears you're using DX9 as rendering mode for hardware. Use DX10 or DX11 if you can (will fix the bad character shadows seen in the beginning, might fix the fog issue, too).
Make sure all anti-aliasing, such as MSAA in HW hacks, is disabled.

Also, Y U NO USE widescreen patch?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?list=PLuKx9...page#t=142
I'm actually switching between all the settings people are recommending that I try in the video. I just don't have OBS set to capture anything but the game.

...and I don't know anything about a patch?

Edit: And just to clarify, DX11 definitely did not help with either the fog or the shadow glitches.
Well, I looked into the 16:9 patch and got that working but I still need to address this green fog. I really need help here because it's 100% unplayable and I've really been enjoying this game. I'm on an i7 4770k, 8GB of RAM and a GTX 780 so my hardware is more than capable. I've been running the game on DX11 settings throughout the play through. The only time I switched it to DX9 was to the try to correct the broken fog issue. I've literally clicked and unclicked almost every setting under graphics and hardware hacks. Does anyone have any further suggestions? I'd really like to start playing this again sometime tonight before my hype has completely been drained.
so software mode gave you the same results ?
weird since AFAIK, this game is known to be perfectly playable....
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
(11-25-2013, 11:57 PM)DjDeathCool Wrote: Well, I looked into the 16:9 patch and got that working but I still need to address this green fog. I really need help here because it's 100% unplayable and I've really been enjoying this game. I'm on an i7 4770k, 8GB of RAM and a GTX 780 so my hardware is more than capable. I've been running the game on DX11 settings throughout the play through. The only time I switched it to DX9 was to the try to correct the broken fog issue. I've literally clicked and unclicked almost every setting under graphics and hardware hacks. Does anyone have any further suggestions? I'd really like to start playing this again sometime tonight before my hype has completely been drained.

Are you using memcards or save states? if you are using save states, try a card save.

If you attach your save right before that area, I have P3 FES and I'll check it out(I have no saves near that part).
[Image: XTe1j6J.png]
Gaming Rig: Intel i7 6700k @ 4.8Ghz | GTX 1070 TI | 32GB RAM | 960GB(480GB+480GB RAID0) SSD | 2x 1TB HDD
http://forums.pcsx2.net/Thread-Persona-3...ics-Glitch

Found that thread and it helped me out. Did the newest known build. I think I had downloaded the newest "stable" release. I don't know. I'm still getting those weird floor/shadow glitches though... Anyone know how to deal with that?
Rainbow glitches on the ground means you have Anti Aliasing turned on or your resolution set too high.