Persona 3 FES crash loading floors and after battles in Tartarus only.
Hi,

I'm not sure if I'm posting this in the correct place or not, if not yell at me and I'll stick it in the correct section. Anyways as the title says I am having an issue with the NTSC version of persona 3 FES whereby the emulation will randomly hang when loading new floors or after a battle with this error:

vtlb miss : addr 0x0, mode 0 [read]
vtlb miss : addr 0xC, mode 0 [read]
vtlb miss : addr 0xC, mode 1 [write]

I'll attach an image of the error along with the configuration I'm using atm.

I have only encountered this error inside of Tartarus, all other loading situations seem fine. If I use a savestate before changing floors or leaving battle, 70% or so of the time it will load normally if I try again. Also worth noting that if it continues to crash even after reloading a savestate then changing the EE/IOP and VU clamping modes can sometimes make it load normally (any settting at all it seems, and it will continue working normally for a few floors/battles, same with turning speedhacks on and off). I've tried googling it but I can't seem to find anyone else with this problem so I was wondering if it was a problem with the emulator, my system or the game itself.

System:
Intel E6400 core2 duo @ 2.13Ghz
Vista home premium 32bit
3GB system RAM
ATI Radeon 4650 1GB PCI-E running latest drivers
Creative XFi Xtreme audio again with latest drivers.

Images of the error and emulator settings:

[Image: error1.png]

[Image: pcsx2_CoreSettings_VUs.png]

[Image: pcsx2_CoreSettings_EE-IOP.png]

[Image: pcsx2_CoreSettings_Speedhacks.png]

[Image: pcsx2_AppSettings_Plugins.png]

Sponsored links

if you have the game mounted unmount it and select the iso with linuziso plugin, if you are running it from the ps2 disc make an iso with imgburn and do what i said before. also try not using ANY speedhacks at all.
OS: Win 7 Ultimate x64 sp1, MoBo: Asus P5QD Turbo, CPU: Q6600 @ 3,0Ghz, RAM: Trancend 2x2gb 6-6-6-18 800 MHz, GPU: HD 4850 1gb.
Pcsx2: Always Latest
well as far as i know there is fix for that,look it up under the gamefix section its the (VU Clip Flag Hack) and remember to use superVU on both VU0 and VU1 in order to make the gamefix work
[Image: 2ymccqu.jpg]
[Image: 17715.png]
(06-24-2010, 09:46 PM)diegochiha Wrote: well as far as i know there is fix for that,look it up under the gamefix section its the (VU Clip Flag Hack) and remember to use superVU on both VU0 and VU1 in order to make the gamefix work

Aye I tried that too and got the same error under the same conditions, I actually swapped to using the mini compiler after getting the error with the fix applied to see if it would fix it or at least reduce the frequency. I'll give the other plugin a shot.
You should really start by disabling the tons of speed hacks you have on, which are known to break games.
[Image: newsig.jpg]
(06-25-2010, 12:30 AM)Bositman Wrote: You should really start by disabling the tons of speed hacks you have on, which are known to break games.

As I said in my original post it happens without hacks active too, it just seems to take a little longer for it to happen. Just had the crash again with the VU clip flag fix on, superVU compiler and no speed hacks of any sort enabled while using the linuz ISO plugin.

So it's not the hacks, it's not the plugin, it's not the compiler, it's not the ISO and it's not my system (as far as I am aware) because it plays persona 4 perfectly. Any ideas?
the only thing i can think of is a bad ISO.
Try remaking the ISO from the DVD and us Imgburn for it.
1-dont use savestates as its known to break some games
2-try another version of pcsx2 (0.9.6 for example)
3-are you using dx10?
(06-25-2010, 01:26 AM)diegochiha Wrote: 1-dont use savestates as its known to break some games
2-try another version of pcsx2 (0.9.6 for example)
3-are you using dx10?

It's either use savestates or the game is unplayable because I wouldn't be able to advance inside tartarus at all. I've tried on 0.9.6, same error and for some reason I can't select DX10 from the plugin menu. I have reinstalled vista recently to see if it was a problem with my system but since then I can't select dx10 at all, however I was getting the error under dx10 too before the reinstall. I'll try a new ISO again.
i have played troughout all the game without the need of using savestates at all so why dont you can?