Persona 3 FES graphics question
I applied the widescreen patch and changed native to x3 and it looks better but in cutscenes the game kinda looks pixelated (picture below) What options should i change? (graphic options also in a picture)

PC specs:
CPU: Core i7-3630QM 4-Core 2.4GHz
GFX: GeForce GTX 660M
RAM: 8GB

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Can you take more pics?
Press F8 while in-game.
[Insert Witty Sig Here.]
(06-03-2014, 04:58 AM)KeyToTruth12 Wrote: Can you take more pics?
Press F8 while in-game.

sure here it goes.

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

I've been messing around with speedhacks, 2x-6x Native, game fixes, frame limiting and no frame limit (makes it look somewhat better but the speed is too much) and so far nothing has worked
That's just how the FMVs are in that game. It has an "interlaced" effect.
I think this is due to the automatic switch to software renderer hack or?
Or what is the reason that deinterlacing doesn't work for persona fmv's? I think in general deinterlacing works for fmv's as well?
If that is really the hack you can try to disable automatic gamefixes and see if that helps.

Nevertheless fmv's are pre-rendered. So you will never get the same look as with 3xnative and ws-hack. It will always look pixelated. But those lines you might remove.
(06-03-2014, 04:34 AM)Zeeryd Wrote: I applied the widescreen patch and changed native to x3 and it looks better but in cutscenes the game kinda looks pixelated (picture below) What options should i change? (graphic options also in a picture)

PC specs:
CPU: Core i7-3630QM 4-Core 2.4GHz
GFX: GeForce GTX 660M
RAM: 8GB

Press F7 until return normal (is a video effect)
(06-03-2014, 08:30 AM)willkuer Wrote: I think this is due to the automatic switch to software renderer hack or?
Or what is the reason that deinterlacing doesn't work for persona fmv's? I think in general deinterlacing works for fmv's as well?
If that is really the hack you can try to disable automatic gamefixes and see if that helps.

Nevertheless fmv's are pre-rendered. So you will never get the same look as with 3xnative and ws-hack. It will always look pixelated. But those lines you might remove.

As far as I know, there is NOTHING you can do.
It's just how the FMVs were made for that game. The FMVs were produced back in 2005-2006.

It's a result of bad compression, not a fault of PCSX2 or the widescreen hack.
and if it would be within P4 that's normal aswell, since they did that grain layer or distortion, cause the game mainly plays inside a tv world.
I know that it is wrong to revive old threads, but I just had to comment on some wrong comments: Those claiming that this is just the way the video is encoded on the game, that's how it's supposed to be, are flat-out wrong. I just now tested with my copy of the game on a PS2 and compared it to PCSX2, and those horizontal "interlace-looking stripes/lines" are absolutely not there in the original game. They show up in PCSX2 when there is horizontal camera movement in FMV cutscenes, but absolutely not in the original game.

Also, it does not matter if I run PCSX2 in native resolution, or higher, or in software mode, or cycle through the F5 modes or F7 modes, those horizontal stripes remain regardless.

Just wanted to let you know Wink
CPU: i7 4790K  GPU: MSI GTX980
RAM: 16 GB DDR4  OS: Windows 7 64-bit