Persona 3 FES mid-game name change
So I realized as I was playing that I entered my name backwards (last name/first name) at the beginning of the game and it's really nagging at me to hack the game to get it changed. If there's a patch or something that will allow me to change my name without starting over, that's great. If not, I have no experience in hacking toasters but am willing to follow instructions that allow me to change my name. Thanks a bunch in advance!

Sponsored links

This happened to me Laugh and the only way i know is to restart the game from zero.
I'm afraid indeed that you need to restart from scratch or see if you can find it with cheatengine or artmoney and see what the hex is for that name and see if you can swap it. Not sure if this work though.
(08-18-2014, 12:57 PM)StriFe79 Wrote: I'm afraid indeed that you need to restart from scratch or see if you can find it with cheatengine or artmoney and see what the hex is for that name and see if you can swap it. Not sure if this work though.

Maybe he can try to edit with an hex editor the Memory Card file....For me can try to change the name only in that way....
It's actually simple.
1.You need some memory searching program that can add 8 bytes value(it will be easier that way)...ArtMoney can(no idea if CheatEngine can but I highly doubt it can't)
2.Start your memory serching program and add those(you need to view the value as hex)

2095C241 - 8bytes value(it means that you will modify 8 addresses at once)
2095C249 - same as above

3.Now start the game and play until you reach the point where the game allows you to choose your name
4.Type the name you want and remember the value of both addresses
5.Now restart the game and load your save
6.Add now those two addresses
20836213 - this is your last name and again add it as 8byte value(Integer 8)
2083621B - this is your first name
7.Now replace the digits with those that you remembered.
8.Now save the game to the memory card,restart pcsx2 and load your save

Btw the name also exist in the save file by using the same digits but it's on two locations(addresses)and I didn't tried to see which one is the correct one
Extract the save from the card by using mymc to psu\max format and the extract the save by using PS2 Save Builder.
The locations are(again 8bit)
0000002B
and
0000005B