Persona 3 FES problems
Hi new to the forums
Just posting for a couple minor problems I'm having with P3 FES:

1) Some persona portraits have this warping effect like in the attachment
2) Value text has spaces (this seems to be a known issue but no matter where I looked or what I tried I couldn't get it fixed)
3) Character portraits mess up a little when they blink (I've seen some complaints about this one but couldn't find a fix)
4) Character models get stuck at edge of screen during in game cutscenes (probably due to widescreen and can't be fixed, just wondering if there's any update on this)
5) The FMVs have this strange jagged effect on all the lines while in motion (couldn't find a fix for this one either, if you need an example I can find one) 

Most of these seem to be caused by the widescreen hack, which I never manually downloaded but must be in effect because the game supports 16:9 and doesn't look stretched. I've tried downloading the widescreen cheats of this game but they didn't do anything.
I'm running PSCX2 1.4.0 with GSDX SSE41 as the video plugin using direct3D11 
These are all minor problems though, just a little annoying, and the game runs flawlessly otherwise. Mostly looking for fixes to 1, 2, and 5. If they can't be fixed I guess I'll just live with it. If you need anymore info or pictures just ask. Thanks!

Attached Files Thumbnail(s)

Sponsored links

Quote:1) Some persona portraits have this warping effect like in the attachment

That's uh, really weird. Don't know about this one

Quote:2) Value text has spaces (this seems to be a known issue but no matter where I looked or what I tried I couldn't get it fixed)

I think this is caused by the widescreen patch and I don't think it can be fixed. 

Quote:3) Character portraits mess up a little when they blink (I've seen some complaints about this one but couldn't find a fix)

Config > Video (GS)  > Plugin Settings... > Texture Filtering > Bilinear (PS2)

Quote:4) Character models get stuck at edge of screen during in game cutscenes (probably due to widescreen and can't be fixed, just wondering if there's any update on this)

Caused by widescreen hack yes and I really don't think this can be fixed. If playing in 4:3 is fine go to System and uncheck "Enable Widescreen Patches" and set the window to 4:3 in window settings.

Quote:5) The FMVs have this strange jagged effect on all the lines while in motion (couldn't find a fix for this one either, if you need an example I can find one) 

This is just due to the interlacing of the video files themselves I think, unsure of fixable but probably not
Thanks for the reply. Yeah I switched off the widescreen patches and it seemed to fix about every problem. I guess I'll have to choose between playing it a little stretched or just keep living with all the little problems.
Has anyone encountered the portrait warping? Has anyone found out how to fix that while using widescreen patches?
(08-04-2017, 05:23 AM)Dedalus Wrote: Thanks for the reply. Yeah I switched off the widescreen patches and it seemed to fix about every problem. I guess I'll have to choose between playing it a little stretched or just keep living with all the little problems.

Well it doesn't have to be stretched. If you go to Config > Video (GS) > Window Settings and set aspect ratio to 4:3 it'll put black borders on the sides. I personally prefer to play this way when widescreen patches cause too many issues for my taste.
(08-05-2017, 06:11 AM)KeeperFiM Wrote: Well it doesn't have to be stretched. If you go to Config > Video (GS) > Window Settings and set aspect ratio to 4:3 it'll put black borders on the sides. I personally prefer to play this way when widescreen patches cause too many issues for my taste.

True. Not a fan of the black borders unfortunately. But thanks for the help
(08-03-2017, 03:04 AM)Dedalus Wrote: 5) The FMVs have this strange jagged effect on all the lines while in motion (couldn't find a fix for this one either, if you need an example I can find one) 

I hope this thread is not too old to answer Smile 

To get rid of that really annoying vertical lines you need to enable "Switch to GSdx software rendering when an FMV plays" and set Interlacing in GDSX settings to "Blend ttf (slight blur, 1/2 fps)"

Setting only one of this settings don't help. Remember to set it before start playing. Tested on OGL render. Problem still affect lateest git versions of pcsx2.
The most recent post in this thread is more than 8 months old. Please create a new thread and refrain from posting in threads older than 8 months in the future. Please also review the forum rules. Thank you.
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go