Persona 3 FES running at 27-30FPS
I have a Dell Inspiron 17-7778 for the time being.
- Intel Core i7-6500U @ 2.5GHz
- 12GB RAM
- Dual Intel/NVIDIA graphics (Intel HD Graphics 520 and a 4GB NVIDIA GeForce 940MX)

Starting up the system runs just fine, but everything slows down once the opening cutscene comes in and all the music is distorted as hell. On the title menu and where you write your name for the first time, everything runs as it should but then everything slows down ridiculously once the following cutscene with Pharos taking your contract kicks in. The following dialogue with Yukari and Mitsuru doesn't fare much better because it runs at around 30-45.

Any idea what the problem is? I'm able to run games like Dark Souls at 60FPS without issue, so I'm not quite sure what the issue is.

Sponsored links

Dark souls ?
Is this an emulated PS2 game ?
CPU : AMD Ryzen 7 3800X
Mobo : Asus PRIME B450-PLUS
GPU : NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070
RAM : 16 Go
Native PC game performance does not indicate what emulated PS2 performance will be like.

What are the ee and gs % like when the game slows down and what settings are you using if you changed any from default?
(07-29-2017, 06:39 PM)TkSilver Wrote: Native PC game performance does not indicate what emulated PS2 performance will be like.

What are the ee and gs % like when the game slows down and what settings are you using if you changed any from default?

EE ranges between 80-90% and GS% ranges from 1%-5% when it slows down. Haven't changed anything from the defaults. I'm guessing that's not good.
When the ee% gets close to 100% it means your CPU is struggling to keep up.

You might want to check windows power plans to make sure your laptop is set to maximum performance, also if you have any other power managment software make sure that is disabled too. Along with doing this use a monitoring software solution to make sure your laptop is staying within a good temperature.
be sure pcsx2 work with nvidia. Use ws patches, go display gsdx settings set adapter 940mx.