Persona 3 FES, weird slow downs. possible CPU bug
if you use windows xp, try r1621. it works a lot faster since it has new plugins, feels like playing with directx 10.
Processor: Intel® Core™2 Duo E7400 @3.2 GHz
VGA: ATI Radeon HD 4670 1GB DDR3
RAM: 4 GB DDR2

Sponsored links

I've no idea how to compile from source haha.

But i am using Windows 7 which is based off Vista so i use DX10
Intel Core i7-8700k @5ghz
G.Skill 16GB DDR4 @3600mhz
GeForce GTX 1080 8GB
Windows 10 x64
Strangely enough, I'm getting the same problem with Persona 3 FES on my laptop, which I'm pretty sure is at least meeting the minimum spec. to run the emulator. Also getting the same problem on ICO as well.

Am running Persona from disc, and ICO from iso, but both just randomly slow down for no reason, or so it seems. Its not even at the same parts of the game - in Persona, for instance, it works fine for periods of time, then slows right down - have no idea why?! Antivirus aint running any scans - nothing else really running in memory... Bizarre!

And I'm in work just now, so I'll need to wait til I'm home to get configurations, etc.

Machine Spec:
Vista Home Premium
Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 2.10Ghz
4GB DDR2 RAM
NVIDIA GeForce 8600M GT - 256MB (Sharing RAM though I think - shows as around 1400MB in DxDiag)
If the speed drops while you're standing around in the same place, doing nothing, then it's most likely some power management kicking in.
Either the laptop got too hot (and clocks down for cooling), or the normal energy savers just failed again.
I'll check when I get home later - thought I'd changed all the power settings so that the laptop runs at full speed all the time (including when on battery power) but I've probably missed something - still trying to get used to Vista! Wacko

As I said, the slowdowns are pretty random - the games run at least 100% speed (and on ocassions, over 100%), but just slow down randomly. Am pretty sure the laptop is good enough to run the emulator well (as shown by the fact that it at least does run at 100% sometimes). Maybe just need to play about with some of the config...
Ah, same problem with slowdowns at the classroom (maybe i will find more later, just started playing with new version of pcsx2) and vista. It uses not more than 10% of CPU. Used settings from this guide http://forums.pcsx2.net/thread-7223-page...hin+megami

Intel core2duo E8200, 4gb RAM, Gforce 9800GTX 512
Im using GsDx 1650 and the latest unsupported-beta rev of PCSX2 and runs smooth even in a fight. In the latest unsupported-beta rev they improved the microVU and the game started to behave normally, some times the FPS explodes to 58 to 252 on extremely undemandant places, like the card game when the party finishes a fight and the main menu in some cases.
(08-26-2009, 12:11 AM)Xeesheava Wrote: Im using GsDx 1650 and the latest unsupported-beta rev of PCSX2 and runs smooth even in a fight. In the latest unsupported-beta rev they improved the microVU and the game started to behave normally, some times the FPS explodes to 58 to 252 on extremely undemandant places, like the card game when the party finishes a fight and the main menu in some cases.

Downloaded it. It really fixes this speed problem. You meant to use only Status flag hack or something more/another?